Switch to Beta Channel now to update your Studio with shiny new features

In just a few clicks you can join our Beta Update Channel and take advantage of many awesome new features, some of which are:

• ability to edit your settings (such as name of the project)
  • ability to see full dependency tree in the project tab
  • improved workflow diff tool that now allows to compare any file within the project
  • ability to copy variables between workflows
  • not to say all features released in the recently released 2019.2 (see full change log here)
  • and last but not least, something tiny: GIT integration :rocket::robot:

Switching to BETA feed

All you have to do is this:
(before you start, make sure your Robot is disconnected from Orchestrator!)

1. Open your Studio and click on Help

2. In the top right corner, select Beta Update channel. It should look like that:
    You might give Studio a restart right now to be sure it will start downloading the files

3. Give it a minute or two to download the files in the background
    All files are downloaded if the folder size with the new version in the name is no longer increasing at this location:
    %userprofile%\AppData\Local\UiPath

4. Restart your Studio and take advantage of awesome new features!

If you cannot select the Beta Update channel it means you will need to disconnect your Robot from Orchestrator and restart your Studio before following the steps above:

Have fun!

34 Likes

@loginerror,

WoW :heart_eyes: Thank you so much :grinning: Finally got this feature.

6 Likes

Everyone - please help us with some feedback on this fresh from the oven, much awaited, much anticipated feature. Your feedback is priceless and will make our Git support better.

7 Likes

Awesome!! Our dream came true :star_struck:

You’re the best UiPath!!

3 Likes

How to access GIT feature ? Is it available in Community Edition also ?

I have the 2019.3.0-beta 24 per below picture.

2 Likes

i was in 2019.2, then I switched to beta channel and waited for couple of minutes and restarted Uipath. But unfortunately not restarting. waited 10mins and uninstalled and reinstalled again did the same!. Still same issue. Anyone else facing it?

3 Likes

Awesome team UiPath :+1::clap:

3 Likes

Great. That’s a really very much needed feature that most of the developers looking for.

Thank you UIPath team and everyone behind the release of these features.

Regards,
Karthik Byggari

4 Likes

Nice and intresting one…

3 Likes

Hi @amithvs

Could you check this folder to see if anything is being downloaded:

3 Likes

Hi @viswanarahari

You can find it under Team:

4 Likes

Currently, somehow I re-installed UiPath and I am in 19.2 stable version. Whenever I tried I was not able to Open it again.

3 Likes

What happens if you try to open Studio from Start menu? If nothing, please try running the original .exe installer once. It should open the Studio and re-install it again. Then, close it, open it from Start menu (now it hopefully opens) and then switch to Beta channel and wait for the beta folder to appear and then some (so that all the files are downloaded). Afterwards it should be good to go (restart and it should open in Beta).

4 Likes

For GIT ecosystem enthusiasts, don’t miss this as well:
https://go.uipath.com/component/jenkins-plugin-for-uipath-public-preview

10 Likes

Thank you @loginerror

regards,
Viswa.

2 Likes

Hi @loginerror

The new features was great but the newer version(2019.3.0) didn’t get back button in the start page which is quite helpful.

2 Likes

Hi, please restart Studio. I see you have the beta.28 version. On newer versions the button is there :slight_smile:

4 Likes

This is an awesome feature.

2 Likes

where is the git feature? and what is this taxonomy manager??

1 Like

Hi @amithvs,

Go to Start → Team. Here you will find the Git Feature.

I have not seen anything like Taximony Manager in studio. Give me more information regarding this ?

2 Likes