Sure, see below post for reference. Entire test framework is attached at the end.
Let’s consider a framework that will take a list of numbers from the input Excel file and is supposed to multiply them by 2. The input file will be placed within the Framework in the /Input folder:
The information about this file will be placed in the Config file:
Now, let’s adapt the framework to work based on this input data.
It goes like this:
- Change the type of the variable TransactionItem and of all the arguments from QueueItem to System.Data.DataRow. This includes all the workflows it is being passed into.
- Go to the Get Transaction Data workflow and delete the activity: Get Queue Item that is descriptively called “Get Transaction Item”. We will not need it. Instead, we will do simple Transaction Item management with an IF condition:
- if it is a first run, read the Excel file and assign the first transaction item to its first row
(the path to the file is saved in our Config file
- if it is a following run, assign the transaction item to its second row
- if no more rows, assign the transaction item to Nothing (thus ending the process)
After that you will have to still go into the SetTransactionStatus xaml file and delete any references to the Queue items, mainly the If block called “If TransactionItem is a QueueItem” for each three outcomes of the transaction (Success, Failed, Business Rule Exception).
See this test Framework for reference:
FrameworkExcelAsInput.zip (974.3 KB)