Reframework help

Hi all,

I have workflow developed with me by using flowchart n sequnce.it contains
Sequnce1 .Reading config file & input file
Seq.2.login to web application.
Seq.3.processing on webpage

I want to place this workflow into Reframework.
How can i do this …i m new to Reframework concept…and also wants to add exception handling for all. Sequences.

Please help.

You will need to place the sequence 1 in InitAllSettings xaml, sequence 2 in InitAllApplications and sequence 3 in Process xaml and pass the arguments accordingly. And place all your flows in Try Catch.

For reference

@Mukesh_Ahuja
I have tried as u suggested…
But only 1st Init is working…
In Get data i have to read excel file and store it into datatable…

And that datatable is used for process transaction…
But not getting how i pass that datatable variable to process invoke file

If my sequence contains only read range and after extract as workflow …how can i use that datatable to pass another invoke workflow
@Mukesh_Ahuja

For passing one variable to another workflow you will need to declare it as an argument.

Let’s say for eg: Make an argument named “argOut” and give direction “Out” to it as you will pass this argument to another workflow.

And make another argument “argIn” in another workflow where you need to call the argument “argOut”, and give direction “In” to it as it is the argument where your value will stored.

What if its output is datatable …
@Mukesh_Ahuja

Hi @Learner

You have to look at get transaction data module. The idea is to load your excel file into a data table called TransactionData. You will then want to assign each row of that table to TransactionItem.

I believe that by default the transactionItem is a queue item, so you have to change that to system.data.datarow :slight_smile:

@loginerror
Can you show me this with workflow…??

@Learner

Sure, see below post for reference. Entire test framework is attached at the end.

Let’s consider a framework that will take a list of numbers from the input Excel file and is supposed to multiply them by 2. The input file will be placed within the Framework in the /Input folder:

The information about this file will be placed in the Config file:

Now, let’s adapt the framework to work based on this input data.

It goes like this:

1. Change the type of the variable TransactionItem and of all the arguments from QueueItem to System.Data.DataRow. This includes all the workflows it is being passed into.
  2. Go to the Get Transaction Data workflow and delete the activity: Get Queue Item that is descriptively called “Get Transaction Item”. We will not need it. Instead, we will do simple Transaction Item management with an IF condition:
  • if it is a first run, read the Excel file and assign the first transaction item to its first row
    (the path to the file is saved in our Config file :slight_smile:
  • if it is a following run, assign the transaction item to its second row
  • if no more rows, assign the transaction item to Nothing (thus ending the process)

After that you will have to still go into the SetTransactionStatus xaml file and delete any references to the Queue items, mainly the If block called “If TransactionItem is a QueueItem” for each three outcomes of the transaction (Success, Failed, Business Rule Exception).

See this test Framework for reference:
FrameworkExcelAsInput.zip (974.3 KB)