V2018.3 UiPath Community Edition - Troubleshooting Guide

Troubleshooting Guide (UiPath CE 2018.3)

1. “When trying to run the project, I receive the following error: System.AggregateException: One or more errors occurred.
    Solution
    The problem is that UiPath.Service.Host process (the robot) was not restarted at all after the upgrade.
    This can be done by killing the process in task scheduler, restarting the robot tray or logging out/logging in to your windows account.

2. “I cannot find the machine key in the Add Robot to connect my Robot to Orchestrator”
    Solution
    The panels in Orchestrator have been redesigned. You will need to first create your Machine under Machines which contains the machine key. Afterwards you can assign your Robot to that Machine. You can find more info in the Orchestrator documentation.

3. “My Chrome/Firefox extensions does not work”
    Solution
    In case of issues, please reinstall the extensions after updating your UiPath Studio.

4. Activities from custom packages are not loaded after opening an existing workflow in 18.3 Studio
    Solution
    Manually install that custom package used in that project, in Package Manager.

5. Did you use before any Beta version of 18.3? If yes, issue might be caused by package incompatibility.
    Solution
    1.Log off first to make sure none of the .dlls are loaded/in use.
    2.Download the NuGet command line tool from here: https://dist.nuget.org/win-x86-commandline/latest/nuget.exe
    3.Open a command prompt and cd to the directory where nuget.exe was downloaded.
    4.Clear nuget cache with this command: “nuget locals all -clear”
    Also clean temp folders and .nuget folder and restart studio? %localappdata%/temp ; c:\users\YOURUSER.nuget

6. When running your process, you receive the following error: Cannot communicate with Internet Explorer browser
    Exception Type: UiPath.Core.BrowserOperationException

This issue is currently being investigated. If you encounter it, please collect the information mentioned below and provide it to @Gabriel_Tatu:
    Checklist:

• Does any other browser activity work with Internet Explorer?
  • Does detection work fine with Internet Explorer (are selectors properly detected)?
  • Please collect the traces as specified in this thread: Robot Logs
  1. For errors:
    Could not find type ‘UiPath.Activities.xxxxxx’ in assembly ‘UiPath.Activities’. Row: xxx, Column: xxx
    or
    Could not find type ‘UiPath.Library.xxxx’ in assembly ‘UiPath.xx’. Row: xxx, Column: xxx
    These happen because of used types from a compatibility package that was phased out in 18.3
    Solution
    Please re-add the variables or re-add the affected activities.
8 Likes

Got internal error when click on activity

18.3.1+Branch.master.Sha.4c05f670b311e90ee097c589605b399e9bee4874

An internal error has occurred. It is recommended to restart UiPath Studio.

Error: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at System.Activities.Presentation.View.TreeView.TreeViewItemViewModel.AddModelProperty(TreeViewItemViewModel parent, ModelItem item, ModelProperty trackingProperty, ModelProperty property)
at System.Activities.Presentation.View.TreeView.TreeViewItemViewModel.AddModelItem(TreeViewItemViewModel parent, ModelItem item, ModelProperty trackingProperty)
at System.Activities.Presentation.View.TreeView.TreeViewItemModelItemViewModel.LoadChildren()
at System.Activities.Presentation.View.TreeView.TreeViewItemViewModel.AddChild(TreeViewItemViewModel child, ModelProperty modelProperty)
at System.Activities.Presentation.View.TreeView.TreeViewItemViewModel.AddChild(TreeViewItemViewModel parent, ModelItem item, Object value, Boolean duplicatedNodeVisible, String childNodePrefix, ModelProperty trackingProperty)
at System.Activities.Presentation.View.TreeView.TreeViewItemViewModel.AddModelItemCollection(TreeViewItemViewModel parent, ModelItemCollection collection, ModelProperty trackingProperty)
at System.Activities.Presentation.View.TreeView.TreeViewItemViewModel.AddModelProperty(TreeViewItemViewModel parent, ModelItem item, ModelProperty trackingProperty, ModelProperty property)
at System.Activities.Presentation.View.TreeView.TreeViewItemViewModel.AddModelItem(TreeViewItemViewModel parent, ModelItem item, ModelProperty trackingProperty)
at System.Activities.Presentation.View.TreeView.TreeViewItemModelItemViewModel.LoadChildren()
at System.Activities.Presentation.View.TreeView.TreeViewItemViewModel.AddChild(TreeViewItemViewModel child, ModelProperty modelProperty)
at System.Activities.Presentation.View.TreeView.TreeViewItemViewModel.AddChild(TreeViewItemViewModel parent, ModelItem item, Object value, Boolean duplicatedNodeVisible, String childNodePrefix, ModelProperty trackingProperty)
at System.Activities.Presentation.View.TreeView.TreeViewItemModelPropertyViewModel.LoadChildren()
at System.Activities.Presentation.View.TreeView.TreeViewItemViewModel.set_IsExpanded(Boolean value)
at System.Activities.Presentation.View.TreeView.DesignerTreeAutoExpandHelper.Expand(TreeViewItemModelItemViewModel rootTreeViewItem, ModelItem modelItemToExpandTo)
at System.Activities.Presentation.View.TreeView.DesignerTreeView.ModelItemSelectionChanged(Selection selection)
at System.Activities.Presentation.ContextItemManager.SubscribeProxy`1.SubscribeContext(ContextItem item)
at System.Activities.Presentation.SubscribeContextCallback.Invoke(ContextItem item)
at System.Activities.Presentation.EditingContext.DefaultContextItemManager.OnItemChanged(ContextItem item)
at System.Activities.Presentation.EditingContext.DefaultContextItemManager.SetValue(ContextItem value)
at System.Activities.Presentation.View.Selection.SelectOnly(EditingContext context, ModelItem itemToSelect)
at System.Activities.Presentation.WorkflowViewElement.OnMouseDown(MouseButtonEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.UIElement.OnMouseDownThunk(Object sender, MouseButtonEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Input.MouseButtonEventArgs.InvokeEventHandler(Delegate genericHandler, Object genericTarget)
at System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs.InvokeHandler(Delegate handler, Object target)
at System.Windows.RoutedEventHandlerInfo.InvokeHandler(Object target, RoutedEventArgs routedEventArgs)
at System.Windows.EventRoute.InvokeHandlersImpl(Object source, RoutedEventArgs args, Boolean reRaised)
at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEventImpl(DependencyObject sender, RoutedEventArgs args)
at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseTrustedEvent(RoutedEventArgs args)
at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEvent(RoutedEventArgs args, Boolean trusted)
at System.Windows.Input.InputManager.ProcessStagingArea()
at System.Windows.Input.InputManager.ProcessInput(InputEventArgs input)
at System.Windows.Input.InputProviderSite.ReportInput(InputReport inputReport)
at System.Windows.Interop.HwndMouseInputProvider.ReportInput(IntPtr hwnd, InputMode mode, Int32 timestamp, RawMouseActions actions, Int32 x, Int32 y, Int32 wheel)
at System.Windows.Interop.HwndMouseInputProvider.FilterMessage(IntPtr hwnd, WindowMessage msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
at System.Windows.Interop.HwndSource.InputFilterMessage(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(Object o)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler), HResult -2147467261

Hi,

Any update on this?

Thanks,
Anbarasan

We also get almost the same error after upgrading from 2018.2.3 to 2018.3.1. It happens after opening the project and clicking on the first try catch. We tried reinstalling UiPath but it did not help.

We can continue working on the project and run it, but the error is displayed every time the project is opened in Studio.

Since I update Uipath to 2018.3.1 the problem solved. Suppose it’s plugin bug.

YESSSSS!! But I got different error with the same operation like you. I got ‘Null point’ error
Totally have no idea what’s wrong with UiPath …
For now, I just want to slash my laptop and throw it out the building

I have another issue in the new version of UiPath. I share the processes I created with others so I store them on a network share. It is very weird as I am unable to open .xaml files or project files. It first ask me whether I want to convert the old processes created in earlier UiPath versions, and then says “access to the path is denied”.

When I move the directory to my harddrive, it can be opened without problems. Also: the older version which is still installed on another pc that can access the same network share can open and run the processes using version 2018.1. Also, even when I run the process from my own harddrive, the robot can still access files that are located in the same folder, such as a logfile and a spreadsheet it can succesfully load.

On a third device that now also runs v2018.3 there is the very same issue, so it is really 2018.3 that causes the issue rather than a problem with my own desktop.

This is the error code
Cannot open item: UiPath.Studio.Contracts.RecoverableException: The project ‘G:\Robotics Portal\Publications\Library Robot 1\project.json’ could not be opened: Access to the path is denied… —> System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path is denied.
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError()
at System.IO.File.InternalReplace(String sourceFileName, String destinationFileName, String destinationBackupFileName, Boolean ignoreMetadataErrors)
at System.IO.File.Replace(String sourceFileName, String destinationFileName, String destinationBackupFileName)
at System.IO.Abstractions.FileWrapper.Replace(String sourceFileName, String destinationFileName, String destinationBackupFileName)
at UiPath.Project.WorkflowProjectRepository.Save(IWorkflowProject project, String path)
at UiPath.Studio.Plugin.Workflow.Project.WorkflowProjectModelFactory.SaveAsync(IProject item, SaveInformation info)
at UiPath.Studio.Plugin.Workflow.Project.WorkflowProjectMigrationWizard.d__9.MoveNext()
— End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown —
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
at UiPath.Studio.Plugin.Workflow.Project.WorkflowProjectModelFactory.d__40.MoveNext()
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
at UiPath.Studio.Plugin.Workflow.Project.WorkflowProjectModelFactory.d__34.MoveNext()
at UiPath.Studio.Plugin.Workflow.Project.WorkflowProjectModelFactory.d__42.MoveNext()
at UiPath.Studio.Plugin.Workflow.Project.WorkflowProjectModelFactory.d__39.MoveNext()
at UiPath.Studio.Shell.Services.PersistableServiceBase2.<OnOpenAsync>d__22.MoveNext() --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at UiPath.Studio.Shell.Services.PersistableServiceBase2.d__22.MoveNext()
at UiPath.Studio.Shell.Services.ProjectService.d__39.MoveNext()
at UiPath.Studio.Shell.Services.PersistableServiceBase`2.d__15.MoveNext()
at UiPath.Studio.Shell.Services.OpenCloseCommandsService.d__14.MoveNext()
at UiPath.Studio.Shell.Services.OpenCloseCommandsService.d__12.MoveNext()
at UiPath.Studio.Shell.ViewModels.MainWindowViewModel.d__195.MoveNext(), HResult -2146233088

Are there any more people facing the same issue?

I have the same problem, but only with one of many projects. Copy to local harddrive solves the problem.

I’m currently running v2018.3.2 and I still have this problem. The first time when I open an activity, it fails and gives me an exception. But works the next time.

Strange!

/Anbarasan

Hello

V2018.3.2 upgrade have almost made already working automation not working . Find element selector show invalid and many other issues

I got the same error like you.No solutions

The plugins are unstable. I feel the core automation framework doesn’t stable as well.

Same issue :frowning:

There is an easy fix I found out recently. The problem occurs when you are trying to run a process that you have created in an older UiPath version. What you could do is create a new process, and copy the entire flowchart to the new file. Keep in mind that you will need to install all activities that the process needs: you have to install activity packages for each process separately. If the new process is missing some activities, you cannot copy the flowchart.
It is still a weird bug, as UiPath can convert processes that are on your local drive, but when it is not this is not possible.

Hi,
I found an easier workaround - after failed attempt to convert just copy “project.json” from folder “.local” to root folder of the project overwriting the old one. Next time Studio will open project successfully.

However a permanent fix would be much appreciated.

Cheers

1 Like

How do I do the above? Please explain in step-by-step easy to understand instructions for a beginner.

Hi @nyck33

Simply restart your machine :slight_smile: It should work afterwards.

1 Like