Unable to connect UiPath robot to orchestrator

Hi Guys,

I’ve registered and activated my UiPath community edition, the software is now on my laptop, I am however not able to connect the UiPath Robot to orchestrator, i havent been able to find any videos/forum content which has this far aided me with a solution.
My error reads “invalid machine Key” when i follow all steps to try and connect the UiPath Robot, and im not quite sure where im going wrong.

I have performed the setup on orchestrator to setup the robot, add it in the environment & get the key from the machine tab, however im still struggling to figure out how to set it all up.

I have tried on two seperate computers and I’ve been unable to make any progress.
The verison 19.10.0-beta0377 of the program which im using, its the default download that occurs as a set up a new user.

I would highly appreciate some assistance on the above as i am eager to work/practice with UiPath, however i have been struggling to set it up.

Thank you very much in advance!

Including the error details if this is of any use.

Invalid machine key
RemoteException wrapping UiPath.Service.Orchestrator.Clients.OrchestratorHttpException: Invalid machine key
at UiPath.Service.Orchestrator.OrchestratorClientExtensions.d__3.MoveNext()
— End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown —
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
at UiPath.Service.Orchestrator.Clients.OrchestratorBaseClient.d__61.MoveNext() --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown --- at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task) at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task) at UiPath.Service.Orchestrator.Clients.OrchestratorBaseClient.<RequestAsync>d__5.MoveNext() --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown --- at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task) at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task) at UiPath.Service.Orchestrator.Clients.OrchestratorBaseClient.<RequestAsync>d__41.MoveNext()
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
at UiPath.Service.Orchestrator.Clients.OrchestratorClient.d__13.MoveNext()
at UiPath.Service.Orchestrator.OrchestratorController.<PerformConnect_LicenceKeyAsync>d__15.MoveNext()
at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()
at UiPath.Service.Orchestrator.OrchestratorController.<PerformConnect_LicenceKeyAsync>d__15.MoveNext()
at UiPath.Service.Orchestrator.OrchestratorController.d__24.MoveNext()
at UiPath.Service.Messages.MessageDispatcher.d__21.MoveNext()
at UiPath.Service.Impl.RobotService.d__28.MoveNext()
at UiPath.Ipc.Server.d__22.MoveNext()
at UiPath.Ipc.Server.d__21.MoveNext()
at UiPath.Ipc.Server.<>c__DisplayClass3_2.<<-ctor>b__5>d.MoveNext()
at UiPath.Ipc.IOHelpers.d__3.MoveNext()
at UiPath.Ipc.IOHelpers.d__8`1.MoveNext()

@Artur_Audzers

Welcome to the uipath community.

Please check below thread and it might help you to resolve this issue.

New requirements for Robot to Orchestrator connection!

Hi
Welcome to UiPath community
Kindly check with these stuffs that would surely resolve your issue
— first create a machine in orchestrator and that machine name should be same as in your system
To get that name go to start-> search as robot-> settings and get the machine name from there and paste the same while creating machine in orchestrator and copy the machine key after this from orchestrator and paste it in your system robot tray and mention the orchestrator url as well
— the. Make sure that we have a robot created in the orchestra with the same machine name and while entering the detail for username and password go to cmd window and type as whoami which will give use domain and username, enter the same in the orchestrator while creating robot
— create a environment now In the robot tab and tag the robot created in the previous step to this environment
— now back to our system in robot tray we have machine key, and orchestrator url mentioned readily and now we can connect

And while mentioning the orchestrator url in machine follow these steps

And sometimes we might face this issue
“Operation was canceled” while connecting to orchestrator
And to solve that

Hope this would help you
Cheers @Artur_Audzers

1 Like

Also for UiPath.Service.UserHost.exe service in Task Manager → Details you can try to Set Priority to Normal or High

In my case, the timeout error dissapeared.

1 Like