It’s here, it’s big, and it’s what you’ve been waiting for! UiPath v2018.3, Community Edition, is now available!
Check out Release Notes for new features and improvements:
Install & Update
If you already have the community edition installed, Studio and Robot are to be updated automatically to 2018.3. If you are on the Stable channel, just restart it and you’re good to go. If you’re on the beta channel, chances are you already have it. Hats off, we thank you for being a beta tester! Orchestrator Community Edition has been updated already.
If you don’t have the community edition already, get it while it’s hot, from here. For now, only the UiPath.UIAutomation.Activities and UiPath.System.Activities packs are pushed to the official feed. Please add the Beta feed in Package Manager https://www.myget.org/F/uipath in order to get access to all the activities packs. Remember to check the Include Prerelease checkbox.
The user guides are also updated but keep in mind to change the version from the drop-down list to display v2018.3. You are more than welcomed to provide any feedback to our documentation, via Suggest Edits.
We’re still cooking some changes so expect another stable version soon. Until then, here is a list of known issues:
- The Chrome extension stops working if you execute processes based on workflows which contain the Attach Browser activity. This only occurs after several successful executions, and for processes that had been started from Orchestrator exclusively. Take into account that closing Google Chrome after the extension stops working can be used as a workaround.
- An error message is displayed if you search for an activity and add it multiple times in your workflow by double-clicking it.
- When you export a workflow that contains a GenericValue variable type, the resulted workflow has validation errors as the used variables weren't set as arguments.
- Generating a selector from a Firefox or Chrome page takes more time than before when using UI Explorer outside of a workflow.
- While recording in native Windows applications, highlighting elements and clicking buttons does not work properly.
- When migrating a project by opening it in Studio 18.3 the Core package is split into the System and UIAutomation packages. In the Dependencies panel, these two packages are marked as 18.3, which is an incomplete version, as it lacks the Patch number.
- Events monitored are not detected when using Click Trigger and Key Press Trigger activities in Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) applications.
- Only .xaml and project.json files can be checked out in TFS in Studio. As a workaround, you can edit them in Windows.
- Some fields in the Filter Wizard of the Filter Datable activity are not yet localized in Japanese.
- Schedules with non-working days restrictions do not trigger correctly if the timezone defined at tenant level is modified after creating the schedule.
As usual, your feedback is more than welcomed and appreciated. The entire product team is watching the 18_3 tag to see what you think about v2018.3.
The UiPath Product Team is humble to have such a great community. We are proud of how it shaped our product along the years, so please continue to post back your issues, thoughts, pain-points, questions, and any other feedback.