It has been a crazy year for our teams. They went above and beyond to deliver you highly anticipated improvements to all our products, as well as new products altogether.
To give you an overview on what we’ve been working on in the past six months, here’s a list of the most important new products, together with new features and improvements in our Platform offering.
Please explore them and let us know what you think. As always, your feedback is greatly appreciated!
- Studio 2019.10 Docs
- Robot 2019.10 Docs
- Download Link
- Studio & Robot 2019.10.1 was already pushed as an auto-update to all Community users.
Code proof your projects using built in best practices or build your own.
Use command line support to verify your packages before publishing.
Build your own custom rules and enforce them directly in Studio, by making use of the UiPath.Activities.Api package.
Please note that we’ve made changes to the Regex expressions of Variable Naming Convention and Arguments Naming Convention rules. It is recommended to remove the RuleConfig.json file from under the Rules directory, in the installation folder. Open a new process, and a new RuleConfig.json file is automatically regenerated.
- Debug File, Debug Project, Run File and Run Project ribbon options;
- Improved Locals Panel to show arguments, properties of current and previously executed activity, and complex objects, among other things;
- Immediate Panel
- Breakpoints Panel
- Watch Panel
- Call Stack Panel
- Improved Output Panel
You now have these debugging actions on the Ribbon at your disposal:
You can now better control of your debugging test actions with the ability to:
- Test a single activity
- Create a test bench
- Run your debugging up to specified activity
- Start your debug from a specific activity
- Trigger the Command Palette to Add or Jump to Activities, Go to a File in the project or perform an Universal Search to find elements from all files.
- Universal Search now looks in all project files and returns results grouped by smart filters.
- A quicker way of adding activities is by using the Plus sign above or below an activity in the workflow.
- GIT integration receives support for SSH
- Switch branches in Status Bar
- Properties for Activities part of UIAutomation and System can be adjusted at project level using Activity Project Settings
- A new cleaner UI with more options under Settings and a fresher Home tab
- New Licensing and Configuration flow
- Title bar now contains options to send us feedback, view resources and report bugs
- The new Resources Panel loads Assets, Queues and Processes from both Classic and Modern Orchestrator Folders, and removes the fuss of going back and forth between Studio and Orchestrator
- Once connected to Orchestrator, you can also switch between folders from the Status Bar
- Create Long-Running Workflows using Studio’s Orchestration Process template and the activities in the Persistence.Activities pack
- Attended Robots can now simultaneously run multiple Background Processes in parallel, while a foreground process is executed.
- Set Attended Robots to automatically download and start processes in the Robot Tray.
- Long-Running Workflows enable your complex automation scenarios
- Hierarchical Folders add fine-grained control to your automation environment
- AD Integration allows you to better manage all your platform users
- Attended Robots Auto-Provisioning enables automation for your workstation with a few clicks
- Queues were updated with several new features
- Licensing your UiPath products is now much easier
- Credential Stores support was greatly improved
- Package Explorer allows you to browse your processes directly in Orchestrator
- Fine tune your tenant by enabling/disabling your instance features
Please keep in mind that not all features are enabled on the Community Cloud Platform Orchestrator instances. Please see here for a list of features that are disabled on Cloud Platform tenants.
- IntelligentOCR was improved with the Keyword Based Classifier Trainer
- Validation Station Wizard was revamped for better user experience
- UiPath.AI.ComputerVision.Acitivities package improvements
- UiPath.Form.Activities allows you to create custom forms to interact with the user
- Many Orchestrator activities have a new property, FolderPath for specifying if the Transaction Item is located in a specific folder, other than the default one.
- New Activity Run Parallel Process for running a specified process in Orchestrator.
- Use Invoke Process to invoke a workflow that is available on your local machine.
- IT Automation Activities: UiPath.Azure.Activities package helps you easily automate important Azure operations
- IT Automation Activities: UiPath.Citrix.Activities package helps you to easily automate processes for on-demand management and maintenance of Citrix virtual machines
- Multiple Assign now allows you to quickly assign multiple variables
- Invoke Workflow improvements
- Your process can now Wait for Queue Item
- Bulk Add Queue Items is now possible
- Excel Application Scope was updated with Excel macro settings
- Webdriver protocol support now enables your headless browser automations
- Fuzzy Selectors
- RegEx Search
- Non-Greedy Search
- Computer Vision activities have now moved to the UIAutomation activities pack
- SAP Trees support
- SAP session attributes available selectors
- SAP ability to change the element detection from default (SAP Scripting) to UIA or AA
- SAP support for GridTable select/deselect rows/column
- Java 9,10,11,12 support
- Open JDK
- Citrix DPI scalling support
- Silverlight popup support
- MS Office selector generation improvements
- Microsoft App-v support
- Chrome extension installation through policies
- Chromium full text scraping support
- Native Scraping for Chromium widgets
- CefSharp support
- Support for legacy Chrome v36
It allows you to manage the entire automation lifecycle with instant transparency and control.
We’ve added a few more languages: Simplified Chinese, Korean, Spanish, Spanish (Latin America), Portuguese (Brazil, Portugal), and Turkish.
History of our 2019 releases here:
- UiPath Community Edition v2019.10.0
- UiPath Community Edition v2019.9.0
- UiPath Community Edition v2019.8.0
- UiPath Community Edition v2019.7.0
- UiPath Community Edition v2019.6.0
- UiPath Community Edition v2019.5.0
- Enterprise 2019.4 FTS Release Notes
We have been working on updating our courses on our academy space and will continue to issue new updates and new courses. Please join our Academy today.
We have been working on several new products which are not LTS quality just yet, but we have opened the Public Preview program and we would love your feedback.
StudioX is an exciting new product that makes automating certain applications a whole lot easier. It offers a simplified way of automating processes that rely on interaction with Excel spreadsheets or Outlook emails. In fact, it’s aimed at empowering citizen developers and offering them an intuitive tool for creating and running processes that make use of Microsoft Office applications.
StudioX is available as a separate profile in Studio. See how you can switch to StudioX here.
UiPath Explorer Expert is a process discovery tool to help you get detailed insights about automation candidates directly from your employees.
More information here.