Task Capture: Community Edition

We are happy to announce that yet another product is entering our product family:
Task Capture: Community Edition.

Task Capture’s ultimate goal is to bridge the gap between the process experts and RPA developers, by allowing business users to easily and quickly capture in-depth process details, then with one-click export into a Process Design Document (PDD) or UiPath XAML process skeleton.

It’s simple math really: Business Users + Task Capture = Happy Automation Teams :slight_smile:

Key Features

• Record actions (like mouse clicks and keystroke entries) and screenshots of the process;
  • Automatically group actions based on recorded application window names;
  • Edit process map by adding business rules and process variations using built-in workflow editor;
  • Edit screenshots with built-in image editor;
  • Export steps into a Word file along with process time execution metrics;
  • Export skeleton of the robot in a format of UiPath Studio XAML
    (Note - the recording is less stable then the Studio-based one, as the main goal is to create a document rather then the Robot as of now)

How to get started

Reporting Issues & Feedback

Please click here to tell us what you think about it!

25 Likes

@loginerror

Wow… Awesome feature :robot::star_struck::star_struck:

5 Likes

Hi @loginerror
I am really looking forward to try this tool for enterprise use.
However when trying to request a download link - this never arrives (I tried a few times now)?
Best Regards Martin

5 Likes

Hi @mmc

Is it possible that it got filtered out by some spam protection?

2 Likes

Hi @loginerror

It it quite possible, but I have tried both my corporate and private mail and checked SPAM folder for both after multiple tries. Still no download mail.
Best Regards Martin

2 Likes

Thanks, we will investigate!

1 Like

@loginerror, Hi I submitted a request (2 days ago) for downloading Explorer Expert and still waiting for the link. is it normal ?

1 Like

Hi @albel

No, we will fix it :slight_smile: Seems like you are not the only one.

1 Like

I am still waiting for the link too.

Thanks

1 Like

Hi @loginerror
My download link has now arrived in my corporate email. Thank you for looking into this.
BR, Martin

3 Likes

Indeed, I was informed that the issue was fixed :slight_smile:

Enjoy the new app and don’t forget to give us feedback :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@loginerror Not for me still not getting anything. should I presume that the sending is subject to filtering :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Hi @albel

Please make sure it doesn’t go to any spam folders in your mailbox.

If you want, feel free to send me your email address used to sign up for the download via a private message and we will investigate what went wrong.

1 Like

@loginerror I got it ! Thanks :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Wow… this is an awesome feature…

Really looking forward to make use of it and see how it can be applied in my projects. I like the one that builds the business rules… I’m going to try it out today itself… i just cant wait to see it…

6 Likes

I just tried this with one of our processes… This is one hell of a tool… it’s awesome…

The diagrams and the documents get created in a super awesome way… Full detail… and every single thing is getting captured… It’s one hell of a effort of you guys…

Awesome work guys!!!

I will check this out more and surely give some feedback as always… :smiley:

5 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: Explorer Expert freezes on run

Hi,

When exporting the created workflow in PDD template format, the ‘Detailed As-Is Process Steps’ section doesn’t get populated with the sequences and corresponding steps captured in the flow. Any idea what’s causing this issue?

Thanks!

1 Like

Hi, @ruxstm

Could you please clarify if this issue reproduces always or only with specific steps/file?
Also, what do you mean by “doesn’t get populated […]”? Please tell me if you there are incorrect screenshots or no screenshots at all in the exported Word doc ?
Will appreciate more details.

Thanks!

Hi,

I am not receiving the download link – I’ve tried it on three different emails from different providers.

Could you provide any assistance?

Thanks!