Error detecting project version

Hi All,
I have an old project developed last year on UIPath. This year I updated to version 2018 fo UiPath and when I am trying to run the old project now it gives me this error:

Is the upgrade of UiPath the reason for this? Is there any workaround?
Thanks in advance!!

6 Likes

@saurabh.sitank In your project folder delete json file and run it than new json file will be created

42 Likes

Thanks a lot :slight_smile:

1 Like

wow.I had the same problem and the log file shown when pressing ā€œdetailsā€ said ā€œfile not foundā€ uipath.settings. pointing exactly at the file. I would call this a log file bug aiming users totally in the wrong place.

1 Like

Hi,

I tried deleting the JSON file and opening the main XAML.
Some of the dependencies got installed but I am facing problem with the other custom made packages. Following is the error message that gets displayed in the output:

NU1101: Unable to find package RumbaScreenRead.Activities. No packages exist with this id in source(s):

Please suggest any solution for this

Update: This issue has been resolved. The Metadata of the custom made package i.e. the version number and description were missing in the package manager. I opened the nuget package in the package explorer and then saved the file after updating the data.

2 Likes

I experienced the same issue. Thank you for helping me to solve it! I located the project folder by following the file path I saved it in (in my case it was a Brackets file), then deleted json (actually the whole Brackets file), and after running the UiPath file again, a new project file (in Brackets in my case) has been created. I have attached screenshots of the project file with errors, and after it has been created again without any errors - in case someone encounters the same issue!

3 Likes

Having similar problems executing processes to completion.

• Info: Error detecting project version

System.NotSupportedException: Error detecting project version
at UiPath.Project.ProjectData.WorkflowDataUpgrade.GetLatestProjectData(String projectContent, Dictionary`2 availablePackages)
at UiPath.Project.WorkflowProjectRepository.OpenProjectFromText(String projectContent, String projectPath)
at UiPath.Service.Impl.ExecutionManager.Job.OpenProjectAsUser(WorkflowProjectRepository projectRepository, String projectPath, ImpersonableIdentity identity)
at UiPath.Service.Impl.ExecutionManager.Job.GetProject(ImpersonableIdentity identity)
at UiPath.Service.Impl.ExecutionManager.Job.d__29.MoveNext()

Tried the suggestions of deleting the project version with no success.

Was wondering if this is the result of a recent Community edition auto update as itā€™s been some time since Iā€™ve published a package for upload.

Any other suggestions would be more than appreciated as I am on a tight deadline for delivering a workaround.

I have the same problem, but the scenario is like this:
Iā€™ve installed UiPath robot on Windows Server (only the robot not the studio).
After that, I connected the Robot with Community Version of Orchestrator where I published my project.
Then I tried to start the project and it showed me this error.
(So I only have nupkg file to work with). At first, I thought it was due to custom activities that I use in the project, but I put the custom activity nupkg file in UiPath installation path so that is not the problem).

Little help?

Identified the problem.

In my case I realised that my issue of ā€˜Error detecting project versionā€™ was due to an incompatibility between my local machine (auto-updating) Community edition studio version and that used by my Robot hosted on a Azure VM. Once I updated my Robot version to co-inside with my local version, the issue was no longer reported and my process could run to completion without error.

If this sounds familiar, I suggest making sure your versions are in sync and trying again.

Yes, now that Iā€™ve installed Community Edition Studio on my Remote PC I noticed that it is not the same version as the version on my PC that Iā€™ve developed the solution.
So the Robot version is not the same.

If you know, how can I update Robot version (Since Studio on my PC is auto-updating and it is up to date with the newest release).

Well in my case I logged into my VM where my robot resides and re-installed the latest (2019.07.0) version of Studio (community edition). This is the same version as my local Studio instance. This brought the two versions into sync and prevented the exception from being thrown.

I canā€™t see any obvious way to ensure they are automatically synchronised as they are separate Studio installs running on independent OS instances.

Maybe there is a recommended approach and I am just not aware of it at this time.

I hope that helps.

1 Like

yes it does, thank you :slight_smile:

Not sure if Iā€™m missing something or what but Iā€™ve deleted the project.json file for the Lesson 12 - Debugging and Exception Handling - Workflows, but when I execute the Main.xaml file it get the same error.
I do not have any robots to version sync as mentioned in this thread. Any other suggestions?

Thanks.

ā€” Copied Error Below ā€”

19.7.0+Branch.master.Sha.8c253d13718eed5c7db27daef6facd1fe1b0d067

at UiPath.Project.ProjectData.WorkflowDataUpgrade.GetLatestProjectData(String projectContent, Dictionary`2 availablePackages)
at UiPath.Project.WorkflowProjectRepository.OpenProjectFromText(String projectContent, String projectPath)
at UiPath.Service.Impl.ExecutionManager.Job.OpenProjectAsUser(WorkflowProjectRepository projectRepository, String projectPath, ImpersonableIdentity identity)
at UiPath.Service.Impl.ExecutionManager.Job.GetProject(ImpersonableIdentity identity)

Exception Type: System.Exception

RemoteException wrapping System.Exception: Error detecting project version

1 Like

Hi @ay0ung

Welcome to our UiPath Forum! :slight_smile:

Could you try performing a clean installation of Studio? See here for detailed steps on it:

When I tried to run a robot on a remote machine I was getting: Error detecting project version.

I eventually discovered the problem was caused because I had updated the UIPath packages; Mail.Activities, System.Activities and UIAutomation.Activities to the most recent versions on my development machine in mid-development.

I solved the problem by downgrading the packages to the versions used on the target machine.

I guess the other option would have been upgrading the packages on the target machine but since there are several of them, this was the quickest fix.

I hope this helps someone.

1 Like

I had same issue and changing schemaVersion in project.json file helps me.

project.json file in project folder you just need to change line
"schemaVersion": "4.0",
to
"schemaVersion": "3.2",

12 Likes

For future reference - the easier way to fix this bug is:

1. Restart your machine
  2. If 1. didnā€™t work - clean installation of latest Studio CE will.

It happens because auto-update of Studio didnā€™t manage to properly restart the underlying Robot service (thus running processes build on Studio 2019.7 on Robot 2019.6, for example).

2 Likes

for me, I just restarted the PC, and it worked.

1 Like

You saved my life