How to fix your Studio installation / Licensing issues

How to fix your Studio installation / Licensing issues

If you encounter an issue with your Studio installation and or licensing issues, please follow the below procedure to re-install the most recent stable version of Studio.

1. Before you start, you might want to backup your settings.
    Please follow this guide on how to do it:
    Studio Community Edition - how to properly backup your settings

2. Install all latest Windows Updates.

3. Uninstall Studio from Apps & Features menu:

4. Navigate to these folders and make sure to delete any leftover files

rmdir /s /q "C:\Program Files (x86)\UiPath"
    rmdir /s /q "C:\Program Files (x86)\UiPath Platform"
    rmdir /s /q "C:\Program Files\UiPath"
    rmdir /s /q "C:\Program Files\UiPath Platform"
    rmdir /s /q C:\ProgramData\UiPath
    rmdir /s /q %APPDATA%\UiPath
    rmdir /s /q %APPDATA%\NuGet
    rmdir /s /q %LOCALAPPDATA%\Temp\nuget
    rmdir /s /q %LOCALAPPDATA%\Temp\NuGetScratch
    rmdir /s /q %LOCALAPPDATA%\NuGet
    rmdir /s /q %LOCALAPPDATA%\UiPath
    rmdir /s /q %APPDATA%\Roaming\UiPath
    rmdir /s /q %USERPROFILE%\.nuget

5. Get your latest Stable Studio Community Edition .exe installer from our Automation Cloud resources:
    UiPath

6. After installation, you get a few choices to license your Studio. The most foolproof method is to connect your Robot to Orchestrator. For that, see here and here.
    Another method is to simply activate your license locally without Orchestrator.

This should fix your issues with the corrupted Studio installation, including any licensing issues.

Feel free to also refer to this topic in case your Studio auto-updates and stops working correctly:

(the fix for that is typically a simple computer restart)

31 Likes

Great @loginerror

it was required to put this solution on the top of the forum.many people face this problem

thanks

5 Likes

We are currently investigating why it happened in the first place. Hopefully the guide will help anybody affected.

4 Likes

We went ahead and followed the process mentioned above but the problem is still not resolved. Kindly assist.

4 Likes

Hi @loginerror,

Thanks for the update it really helps :smiley:

4 Likes

Hi @Botkeeper

Welcome to our UiPath Forum! :slight_smile:

Could you maybe follow this procedure and provide the output .zip file?

5 Likes

Wow… this is great… Thank you @loginerror… We noticed lot of licensing problems reported by many users since yesterday. This would help them alot…

5 Likes

Majority of the licensing problems can be fixed with this post.
Great @loginerror

Regards,
Karthik Byggari

5 Likes

I solved the licensing issue just deleting “LicenseInternal” and “License” folders without uninstalling Studio.

After starting Studio again the folders where re-created and I just needed to activate the community license. That way there’s no need for backups and new installations.

6 Likes

I solved the licence issue by downloading the new version 2019.6 in platform.uipath.com

5 Likes

I was helped by this post and solved the issue. :smiley::v:

Thank you @loginerror

6 Likes

Is there any update on this? Still we are facing issues

Thanks,
Vishal Kumar

1 Like

I’ve continued with this problems, ecach time I have the error with the activation. I am not able to run sucessufully my process

1 Like

I have reinstalled many times but still facing issues in executing the workflow. Please advise

1 Like

Hello,
As @Derek_Yap, i still facing this issue.
Thank you for your help

1 Like

Hi,
I am using a licensed version of UiPath studio. But Iam not able to RUN my developed bot. the studio is getting stuck and freezes, even Message Box activity Iam not able to execute.
When i checked in the Help option, my device Id was showing blank.
Is there any solution for this kind of problems?
Thanks In advance

Hi @shrunga15

This is most likely due to a corrupted installation (probably due to Studio being closed while autoupdating in the background).

Fresh installation should fix your issue. Please install the latest 2019.10.0 Stable release :slight_smile:

1 Like

@loginerror Thank you. I will try to do the same:)

hi Sir,
In this Below URL which One I need to Download i.e., “Community Edition” or “Enterprise Edition”, little bit Confused, henceforth Need to be Cleared…
https://cloud.uipath.com/infoldntdwyy/portal_/resourceCenter