What are the main diffrence between Excel and Workbook activities.
Difference between Excel and WorkbookActivities
Difference between two Write Range Activites as shown below
Excel activities without microsoft office
Excel activities can only be used within the Excel Application Scope. This effectively opens Excel albeit quickly. Some of the activities like executing macros will only run if within the application scope.
Workbook activities do not require Excel to be open so if for example, all you need to do is read in a range then you can use this.
Generally I would advise using Excel Application Scope as it doesn’t take long to run and down the line you may want to perform more actions with your Excel file.
Hope that helps - have you watched the tutorial?
Adding some more points
- To use “Excel Application Scope” , Excel should be Install on the system.
- To use Excel services even Excel is not installed then you can use "Workbook related separate activities.
- And the other things is with Excel Activities you will not be able to access the chart and diagram realted data with Excel Related activities, You will get an error.
For more info:
- For Workbook Related Activity the Excel workbook file should be close at the time of robot run otherwise it will give error like it is being use by other process.
- One more thing @Thiago Faced recently with Excel Application Scope , he was not able to access the password protected excel and same case was with me, a pop was again asking to enter the credential but with Workbook Activities it was working fine.
For More Details: Excel Passwords
Cool answer Thanks Akshay Yadav