UiPath 18.1 Release for Community

Good news, everyone! UiPath 2018.1 has just been released exclusively for our Community! :tada:

To get your virtual hands on Studio CE, when using a Stable version, you just have to open Studio aaaand it’s there :mage:

Orchestrator CE is also aligned with the latest 2018.1 version. Take a sneak peak here: https://platform.uipath.com

As we are continuously improving our Platform, we took into account your feedback and suggestions. The official Release notes with complete details of the new features, bug fixes and known issues are coming soon, along with updated user guides. Until then, here are the most significant changes:

• Project Templating - the ReFramework that most of you are already familiar with was promoted to Studio template. The documentation for the ReFramework is at its usual place on GitHub: ReFrameWork/Documentation at master · UiPath/ReFrameWork · GitHub

• Tesseract 4.0 (4.0 with LSTM · tesseract-ocr/tesseract Wiki · GitHub) is now integrated and brings overall enhancements, including better Kanji support.

• Additional fields were added to the robot logging capabilities to improve reporting on process / transaction execution.

• Orchestrator Activities Pack that interact with Orchestrator API for managing the complex data transmission inside the platform. The pack contains activities for Assets(Set Asset, Set Credential), Jobs(Get Jobs, Start Job, Stop Job), Queues(Get Queue Items, Delete Queue Items), Alerts(Raise Alert), API(OrchestratorHttpRequest).

• Enhanced auditing capabilites

• Queues - review and comments support - Enhanced handling of queue exceptions for operational department: ability to comment, assign a user to a queue item for review, view the item history.

• Overall Security Improvements including better password management & policy, user profile, lockout mechanism and others.

• Support for Studio centralized licensing - Studio will be automatically licensed when its Robot is connected to Orchestrator.

Note: I have created a tag 18_1 and I would reaaaaally appreciate if you would use it when posting questions, issues, how to’s, basically any feedback about the new version so we can better track them.

Since this is a Community forum and we are talking mostly about the UiPath Community Edition, I’ll drop here the Terms and conditions: UiPath Legal Terms | UiPath.

12 Likes

Already!! I’m still in exploring 2017.1.

6 Likes

Speaking of which - are you accepting pull requests for improvements to ReFramework? (not that any are waiting… :hint: ).

Any details?
Couldn’t find anything in release notes or other official channels and exploratory searching for changes mentioned in release notes seems like a waste of time (I’m picky, I know… sorry :frowning: ).

1 Like

The official Release notes with complete details of the new features, bug fixes and known issues are coming soon, along with updated user guides.

6 Likes

Log entry is now of type custom or type default. Custom Log - for all log messages generated following a “Log Message” or “Write Line” activity. Default Logs: Process Start, Process End, Process Error, Transaction Start,
Transaction End. For Transaction End there are some new fields as well: processingExceptionType (NULL, Application Exception or Business Exception), processingExceptionReason, queueItemReviewStatus, queueItemPriority.

We do. I encourage to build your own template and share. Let us know if you run into issues with that.

3 Likes

Will the Orchestrator Activities Pack be available to be separately downloaded and used in 2017.1 Enterprise Edition?

I especially see a lot of use cases for the Jobs activities mentioned, but can’t imagine my company will want to upgrade as soon as the new version is released. We usually lag 1 or 2 versions behind

The Orchestrator Activities released in 18.1 might work with 17.1 as well, but we do not recommend this nor do we support this compatibility. There are differences between the Orchestrator API from 2017.1 and OAPI from 2018.1.0.

4 Likes

Our deployment process for new releases (particularly on the client side) is quite lengthy - software certification, process regression testing, etc. We just completed our migration to 2016.2 and will likely skip 2017.1 directly to 2018.1.

Question: Can 2016.2 robots connect to 2018.1 Orchestrator? Any known issues with such a set up? Being able to do so would avoid having to run parallel infrastructure and greatly simplify our upgrade path.

You mention the OAPI is changing - is this the REST API? - We rely on the API to have user provided content and triggering of processes - so changes to the API are quite time consuming for us. Will the API updates documentation be published along with the new features, user guides, etc.?

3 Likes

In theory yes, 2016.2 Robots can connect to 2018.1 Orchestrator, but we have not tested and we only support backwards compatibility with 2017.1 Robots. We are however open to suggestions on how we can make deployment and upgrade process easier.

Yes, when the official announcement for the release is made, documentation will also be ready and published. At the moment this release is community only.

2 Likes

If someone is not the member of this forum then couldn’t they download the update?

Hi @tony987

For the Community Edition the stable updates come automatically. For the enterprise you need to reach out to your UiPath contact or download the latest .msi from the website.

Being on this Forum is optional, the purpose of it is to create a space where people can help each other and to offer support for Community Edition.

So the answer is that they don’t have to be on the Forum and still receive the update.

1 Like