V2018.3 UiPath Community Edition release

That is nice, but when are you fixing the issue regarding saving on network drives?
I reported this a day or two after release of 18.3.0 as I encountered this when I was prompted to convert from old to the new 18.3.0

Now I encounter it when creating a new project or library and trying to save it directly to a network drive or when editing a project and trying to remove or add package. If I just edit the project using the same packages there is no issues.

also i reported an issue where if you call the robot directly with the -file [path] parameter you need triple \ instead of double \ to access robot projects on a network drive.

None of the above was present in 18.2

Network issue example of saving a new project.

1 2

18.3.1+Branch.master.Sha.4c05f670b311e90ee097c589605b399e9bee4874

Access to the path is denied.

Cannot create new item: UiPath.Studio.Contracts.RecoverableException ---> System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path is denied.
   at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
   at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError()
   at System.IO.File.InternalReplace(String sourceFileName, String destinationFileName, String destinationBackupFileName, Boolean ignoreMetadataErrors)
   at System.IO.File.Replace(String sourceFileName, String destinationFileName, String destinationBackupFileName)
   at System.IO.Abstractions.FileWrapper.Replace(String sourceFileName, String destinationFileName, String destinationBackupFileName)
   at UiPath.Project.WorkflowProjectRepository.Save(IWorkflowProject project, String path)
   at UiPath.Studio.Plugin.Workflow.Project.WorkflowProjectModelFactory.SaveAsync(IProject item, SaveInformation info)
   at UiPath.Studio.Plugin.Workflow.Project.WorkflowProjectModelFactory.<CreateNewAsync>d__32.MoveNext()
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
   at UiPath.Studio.Shell.Services.PersistableServiceBase`2.<OnNewAsync>d__21.MoveNext()
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at UiPath.Studio.Shell.Services.PersistableServiceBase`2.<OnNewAsync>d__21.MoveNext()
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
   at UiPath.Studio.Shell.Services.ProjectService.<OnNewAsync>d__38.MoveNext()
   at UiPath.Studio.Shell.Services.PersistableServiceBase`2.<CreateNewAsync>d__11.MoveNext()
   at UiPath.Studio.Shell.Services.OpenCloseCommandsService.<CreateNewProjectAsync>d__17.MoveNext()
   at UiPath.Studio.Shell.ViewModels.StartPageViewModel.<OnNewProjectCommand>d__23.MoveNext()
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.AsyncMethodBuilderCore.<>c.<ThrowAsync>b__6_0(Object state)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler), HResult -2146233088

CopyToDataTable is not a member of System.array in the latest 2018.3 update.

Hi Rasmus,

What OS are you using? Outside of studio can you access and read/write on that location? Also is the location mapped locally as a network drive?

Hi Alexg,

I’m using windows 10 enterprise, and have no issue reading and writing to the folder from explorer or other programs and yes it is mapped as a network drive. But the issue is the same if I use mapped drive or UNC path.

I have changed nothing from 18.2.1 all the way to 18.3.1, and the issue started with 18.3.0.

18.2.1 was the first version I tried, this is where I learned about UI Path

// Rasmus

So i tried again on 18.3.1 just to document it further.

I’ve created a library project. I’ve tried to publish it to UNC path and this is the result:
(cannot show the full path due to internal policy)

Here is the console output

Yet i do get the access denied error with the following details

Error: System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path is denied.
   at System.IO.File.InternalReplace(String sourceFileName, String destinationFileName, String destinationBackupFileName, Boolean ignoreMetadataErrors)
   at System.IO.File.Replace(String sourceFileName, String destinationFileName, String destinationBackupFileName)
   at System.IO.Abstractions.FileWrapper.Replace(String sourceFileName, String destinationFileName, String destinationBackupFileName)
   at UiPath.Project.WorkflowProjectRepository.Save(IWorkflowProject project, String path)
   at UiPath.Studio.Plugin.Workflow.Project.WorkflowProjectModelFactory.<InternalPublish>d__46.MoveNext()
   at UiPath.Studio.Plugin.Workflow.Project.WorkflowLibraryModelFactory.<InternalPublish>d__16.MoveNext()
   at UiPath.Studio.Plugin.Workflow.Project.WorkflowProjectModelFactory.<Publish>d__44.MoveNext()
   at UiPath.Studio.Shell.Services.ProjectService.<Publish>d__33.MoveNext()
   at UiPath.Studio.Shell.ViewModels.MainWindowViewModel.<PublishExecute>d__206.MoveNext()
   at UiPath.Studio.Shared.MVVM.Commands.TaskCommand`3.<Execute>d__32.MoveNext()
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.AsyncMethodBuilderCore.<>c.<ThrowAsync>b__6_0(Object state)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler), HResult -2147024891

As you can see the console says all completed but the error log clearly states otherwise.

So i tried Using a mapped network drive, even tho it translates to the same when accessing it.

Here is the console output

and here is the same error from access denied

Error: System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path is denied.
   at UiPath.Studio.Plugin.Workflow.Project.WorkflowProjectModelFactory.<InternalPublish>d__46.MoveNext()
   at UiPath.Studio.Plugin.Workflow.Project.WorkflowLibraryModelFactory.<InternalPublish>d__16.MoveNext()
   at UiPath.Studio.Plugin.Workflow.Project.WorkflowProjectModelFactory.<Publish>d__44.MoveNext()
   at UiPath.Studio.Shell.Services.ProjectService.<Publish>d__33.MoveNext()
   at UiPath.Studio.Shell.ViewModels.MainWindowViewModel.<PublishExecute>d__206.MoveNext()
   at UiPath.Studio.Shared.MVVM.Commands.TaskCommand`3.<Execute>d__32.MoveNext()
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler), HResult -2147024891

Yet again console shows it as completed and it wrote the file to the path, but the error tells me otherwise.

So i checked the folder both times and the published file isn’t there.

If i do this to a local path this works without any issues.

I just tried publish on an old 18.2.4 installation with the same user, system and location and it will publish just fine.

UPDATE on the above.

If the file i tried to publish have been opened from a network location Mapped drive or UNC path and i then try to publish to a mapped drive or UNC path it will fail

BUT!

If I open the file from a local path (C:\subFolders\ and so on) and i then try to publish to a mapped drive or UNC path it will succeed

So the issue is from network to network, that will fail. But using local to network will work.