V2018.4 UiPath Community Edition release

Guess what? UiPath Community Edition v2018.4 is out and about! :tada:

Check out Release Notes for new features and improvements:

https://www.uipath.com/product/release-notes/uipath-v2018.4.0

Install & Update

In case you do not already have the Community Edition, get it while it’s hot from here.

If you already have the Community Edition installed, Studio and Robot are to be updated automatically to 2018.4. If you are on Stable channel you can simply restart Studio and will be good to go. If you are on the Beta channel, chances are you already have it. Hats off, thank you for trying out the beta version!

Orchestrator Community Edition has been already updated to 2018.4 version.

The user guides are also updated, but keep in mind to change the version from the drop-down list to display v2018.4. You are more than welcomed to provide any feedback to our documentation, via Suggest Edits.

Known Issues

We’re still cooking some changes so expect another stable version soon. Until then, here is a list of issues you might still encounter:

• A package published with version Major.Minor (ex 1.2) cannot be executed in Orchestrator
  • Webhooks functionality is disabled for now on Ochestrator Community edition.
  • Cannot Stop a process if Studio is idle and the computer enters in sleep mode or sometimes on upgrade from 2018.3 to 2018.4 version. The workaround is to restart the OS.

In terms of localization, French and Russian are still work in progress and depend on activities from the Beta feed. If you want to give them a try, here is the workaround:

1. Change your Studio language from Settings - Language and restart Studio
  2. Go to Manage Packages - Settings - User defined package sources and add the Beta feed: https://www.myget.org/F/uipath. Save your changes. PS: you can skip this step if you already have the Beta feed added.
  3. Go to Manage Packages - Project Dependencies. Check the Include Prerelease checkbox. For each activity pack set as Dependency in your project update to the latest package version.
  4. Save your changes and you’re good.
    The activities names and properties will still be in English (Studio and the tooltips are localized). We have decided to keep the names and properties in English for an easier communication between RPA Developers. We are looking forward for your feedback in this matter.

Dark Theme is still experimental, so if you want to have the full fixes, please follow the same steps as for localization.

Don’t forget about the Open Source activity packs in community repo: Open Source Activity packs for Community.

Please post your feedback about this release in 18.4 category. Engineering team is watching and taking notes :eyes:

Please continue to post back your issues, thoughts, pain-points, questions, and any other feedback.

Your team @ UiPath

13 Likes

Hi
I am trying to configure and provision a robot in Uipath 2018.4.
In Uipath Robot setting I can see that it needs machine-key and Orchestrator URL to setup like earlier versions. When I login to Orchestrator URL and try to provision a robot , I cannot see any machine-key.
Can you please help me out.

Since 2018.3, the provisioning has been split between “Machine” and “Robot” entities.
You need to provision the machine first, then you can provision robots linked to that machine.

@qbrandon Thanks a lot

When the Licensed version expected to release for 2018.4 ?

For now, everything looks on track for the expected December release timeline. I am afraid we cannot share any more specific dates though.

1 Like

Hey,

in the early Beta of 18.3 there was a german translation. Where did it go? Is it still a thing?

Best Regards
Lunk

Hi Lunk,

Thanks for the interest! German localization is on hold for the moment and will most likely be delivered in 2019.x. We’ll announce when it will be available in Beta.

1 Like

I am sure that this would be on the card already. When I try to use if activity the horizontal scroll bar hides the textbox where we are writing the condition even in classic theme

Dark Theme

Classic Theme

Or if this has been already fixed and I cannot see this, please forgive me :smiley: and let me know the version

Thanks,
Prankur

Thank you :slight_smile:

Hi @PrankurJoshi

It works okay on 2018.4 Stable :slight_smile:

You can’t see the cursor, but it is inside the condition field :slight_smile:

1 Like

Are there any plans to add a training on Orchestrator V2018.4, last one in course catalogue refers to v2018.2

Hi @madaan_parul

We’re working on it :slight_smile:

2 Likes

For any questions regarding the 2018.4 release please create a New Topic in Releases - 18.4 category. Use ONE of the tags to specify the component: studio, activities, robot, orchestrator.