Unattended robots have to be "invited users" and how to assign more than one robot per "invited user"

According to this post: Why does Modern Folders requires one "real user" per unattended bot?, 20.10 version of Automation Cloud would fix this issue, can you elaborate on what that fix is?

We are intending to move from on-prem Orchestrator to the Automation Cloud and are evaluating the Cloud offering. To create a “farm” of unattended robots it would be preferable to use Modern folders, but since these are attached to an “invited user” and it seems to still be a 1-1 relationship it makes this more difficult. The post I have referenced, suggests that this will be fixed in 20.10 but this is the version we are looking at. Please can you advise.

Thank you

1 Like

Hello @rwilkinson!

It seems that you have trouble getting an answer to your question in the first 24 hours.
Let us give you a few hints and helpful links.

First, make sure you browsed through our Forum FAQ Beginner’s Guide. It will teach you what should be included in your topic.

You can check out some of our resources directly, see below:

1. Always search first. It is the best way to quickly find your answer. Check out the image icon for that.
    Clicking the options button will let you set more specific topic search filters, i.e. only the ones with a solution.

2. Topic that contains most common solutions with example project files can be found here.

3. Read our official documentation where you can find a lot of information and instructions about each of our products:

4. Watch the videos on our official YouTube channel for more visual tutorials.

5. Meet us and our users on our Community Slack and ask your question there.

Hopefully this will let you easily find the solution/information you need. Once you have it, we would be happy if you could share your findings here and mark it as a solution. This will help other users find it in the future.

Thank you for helping us build our UiPath Community!

Cheers from your friendly
Forum_Staff

@badita or @loginerror
Do you guys know if cloud 20.10 or 21.4 earned this version?

Hi @lucas.stern,
we have a feature on the roadmap to address this gap, targeting 21.10: the ability to create robot accounts, a dedicated identity to be used for unattended processes, eliminating the need to have to invite “fake users” for this purpose.

The workaround until we have this functionality continues to be “inviting” these users to Automation Cloud (ofc, without the need for the invitation to actually be accepted).

Hope this helps, let us know ig you have additional questions!

Thanks Elena, I will be looking forward the 21.10 release.
Now, can you help me with using the same unnatented robot in both classic and modern folders?
THe robot is only working on the modern folder if I disable the robot on the classic folder

It is not possible to simultaneously use the same unattended robot in both classic and modern folders; in this case, classic would take precedence. If the intent is to use it in modern, the classic one should be deleted/ deactivated.

1 Like