Studio 20.10 is a major release that includes a variety of new features and improvements.
Sign In and First Run Experience
You can now login using your user credentials into Studio. By doing so, you will be automatically connected and licensed. Access to resources from Cloud and Orchestrator is provided instantly. Signing in via Studio also connects all other desktop products as well such as Assistant and Robot.
You can now store and reuse the elements that you use to do UI Automation. Reusability across projects is also possible, by publishing elements within reusable libraries and attaching them as dependencies to your projects. When underlying application interfaces change, all you need to do is to update your libraries and your dependencies. You can also see a view of all your UI Activities inside the Object Repository UI Activities tab.
If you are more familiar with C# instead of VB, then you can now build automation using C#. For now, we only support C# v5.
Author, Share and Consume Templates
Don’t like the templates that come out of the box? Build your own, publish them to Orchestrator to share with others and start using your own templates.
Data Service / Entities integration
Need custom data types across your automations? Tired of passing tens of variables and arguments between workflows and processes? Build your custom data types using Data Service, import them in Studio and start using them to define and pass common data between workflows.
We know finding things quickly is sometimes important. That is why we implemented support for finding references. This supports workflows, variables, arguments, elements, and activities.
Resources Panel: Drag and Drop
Ability to drag and drop assets, queues and processes from Resources Panel directly in canvas. Drop on plus sign and choose what to do with your asset or queue. When dragging a process an Invoke Process activity will automatically be added.
Multiple Entry Points
Sometimes you might want to define which workflows should behave as an entry point to your process. So instead of having just the Main file, you can now define as many entry points as you want. Once published, you can use an entry point via Invoke Process and Run Parallel Process. When opening a process built by others, you instantly see what was defined as an entry point. Support in Orchestrator is not ready in 20.10, but you can start using this feature to logically map your entry points starting now.
Studio Start in PiP
You can now test your processes that need to run in Picture in Picture and even mark them as being PiP-Ready.
- Improve check in time for large projects
- Improved Project Load Time
- Improved Start Time
- Improved Add Activity Command Palette
- New Manage Packages Filters (Activities Only, UiPath Only, Libraries Only, UI Libraries Only)
- Keep position in currently opened file after adding dependency
- Activities description visible on hover inside opened files
- Rename activity and hit Enter to save
- Manage packages search by description
- Search in all properties including closed files
- Emphasize the parent package name in activity tooltip
- Ability to include / exclude files from publishing
- Slim design when activities are collapsed
- Activity Panel search by description
- Expression Editor Close via ESC key
- Keep user settings on upgrade
- Error list shortcut to focus Error Panel (CTRL-Alt-E)
- Support for Activities API to filter activities in Command Palette according to scope
Workflow Analyzer Updates
- 5 new rules around best practices when using persistence activities inside long running workflows (ST-DBP-024, -025, -026, -027, -028).
- Command line support for breaking the build during CI/CD pipelines
- Package scan results with project
- Git Change Signature
- SVN Change Credentials
Governance Policy Improvements
For each of the governed functionalities, the admin will have the possibility to mark whether they are editable or not by the end-user.
Known Upgrade Issues
- Object Repository descriptors created before 20.10 are not compatible with Studio 20.10. If you run into upgrade issues where your Studio settings disappear or projects fail to open, please check this guide: Fix to the issue of opening projects / creating new projects / missing Studio settings
- Templates published to the Orchestrator Libraries Feed from a Studio version prior to 20.10 do not appear on the Templates tab in Studio 20.10. Republish the templates from Studio 20.10 to make them available in this version.
Both the Preview and Stable Channels have been updated to the latest stable version of 20.10.
If you are on Preview channel please know that 20.10.0 Stable will be displayed as 20.10.0-beta.1145.
If you are using our Community Edition, it should auto-update. If for any reason it did not autoupdate, you can grab it from our Automation Cloud Resources page .
Please leave your feedback with us. Enterprise Release is scheduled later this month.