Managing Live and Test Object Repositories in collaboration with Git

Hi there,

I have a project that I have built using git to allow me to build things in a test environment, and then publishing them to a live branch that allows the automation to be used by a client. The object Repository has been a fantastic way for me to re-use selectors and implement large-scale fixes.

My only issue is that the test environment uses slightly different selectors (specifically, the application path is different for the O.R. Screens) in live and test. Does anyone have advice on how I can still use the object repository to manage these screens, but when I publish my changes to the live server, I won’t lose the functionality of those objects.

Any advice on this would be greatly appreciated, Thanks in advance.

1 Like

Hello @LewisHenderson!

It seems that you have trouble getting an answer to your question in the first 24 hours.
Let us give you a few hints and helpful links.

First, make sure you browsed through our Forum FAQ Beginner’s Guide. It will teach you what should be included in your topic.

You can check out some of our resources directly, see below:

1. Always search first. It is the best way to quickly find your answer. Check out the image icon for that.
    Clicking the options button will let you set more specific topic search filters, i.e. only the ones with a solution.

2. Topic that contains most common solutions with example project files can be found here.

3. Read our official documentation where you can find a lot of information and instructions about each of our products:

4. Watch the videos on our official YouTube channel for more visual tutorials.

5. Meet us and our users on our Community Slack and ask your question there.

Hopefully this will let you easily find the solution/information you need. Once you have it, we would be happy if you could share your findings here and mark it as a solution. This will help other users find it in the future.

Thank you for helping us build our UiPath Community!

Cheers from your friendly
Forum_Staff

Did you found a solution?

I don’t have a solution as of yet. The Library can be extracted and published to Orchestrator, as well as being able to add the libraries to your personal snippets and added to projects.

I have been swapping versions of my project using snippets, but would like to test downloaded packages from Orchestrator soon. That might offer the tighter version control.

Only potential issue I have found is the working library doesn’t update when switching between your live and test environments. So the project may be using test selectors, when the working library says live. I imagine this is just an issue with using locally stored snippets.

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.