Decisions, Iterations, and Scenarios in StudioX - Working With Multiple Templates

Let’s talk a little bit about more complex tasks where decisions, iterations, and scenarios are needed.

In your own context, how can you see them used? And now that you learned about making your robot take decisions, go through iterations and work in scenarios, do you find RPA more valuable?

For any technical question , please create a new topic in the StudioX category here .

Hi,
One question regarding the solution of the ‘working with multiple templates’ exercice.

I didn’t understand why we put ‘use word file’ activity after IF activity. Shouldn’t we put ‘use word file’ in the ‘then’ part?

Thanks in advance for clarification.

I used it inside the ‘then’ block. using it outside “if” block did not work for me. I guess because of file relative path. did add a couple of seconds delay after the “copy file activity” to ensure file is available for the edit.

1 Like

Let me give a help on your question, the [use file] was put after [copy file ] to only use the copy version, if you try to use the file while the file not exist yet, it may cause error. Or you will end up edit the template resume

This one was challenging for me a bit. I wasn’t 100% sure about doing it right but got it after a few failed attempts

Hello,

I have a question regarding the switch activity - for the default case, we generally use skip current action, however , i was trying to write cell before the skip current in case of default . But was never able to add the action by drag or using the + indicator. is there a reason for this? i also see certain actions are not allowed before or after the skip current action ( makes no sense to use after , but should it not work before?)

Cheers.

I don’t understand why the provided solution works. The sheet it’s looking for is named the same as the file, Resume_Data. When I attempted this on my own, I got an error and had to use Sheet1 to get it to work… or rename the sheet to Resume_Data.

Inside the In Range box we will normally have this kind of input: [REFERENCE NAME] RANGE_NAME

From the project resource itself, the Resume_Data excel file that was provided has the range inside Sheet1 worksheet named as “Resume_Data”. That is why it works. Another way to see that the range has been named is that we’re able to select a data table name while selecting the range (see picture below).

I noticed in this exercise that I had to alter 2 things which was not stated but through trail and error: 1) I had to put “_” inbetween and for file naming. 2) I had to uncheck Replace All in each of the Replace text in Document activity. This allowed it to replace everything correctly.