Practice: Working With Multiple Templates from Decisions, Iterations and Scenarios in StudioX module

Good day,
I can’t complete this task. I do exactly like in solution but my robot stops saving new files on row 6. For some reason the robot doesn’t go past row 6. I end up with 4 files instead of 6 in the edited resumes folder. I spent the whole day trying to figure it out but didnt come up with a solution. Could anyone please help me?
PS the solution didnt run on my computer.

Hello @Petrunina_Yulia There’s a couple of reasons why an Excel won’t save to a new location. It might be illegal characters in the filename or the path is too long (256 characters limit in Windows). Is there any error message showing? Like a pop-up or in the Error List panel of StudioX?

1 Like

Hi @argin.lerit
Thank you for the response. I dont think this is the issue otherwise the first 4 files wouldn’t save. The problem is that the automation work well by going from row 2, 3, 4, 5 and from row 6 in the excel it stops the automation.

Have you tried the challenge yourself? Could you try do it and let me know if it works for you?

Tried to search for this in the Academy but couldn’t find which course. Can you tell me the course name?

1 Like

Hi @argin.lerit. I am doing RPA Citizen Developer Foundation (v2020.10) which is a collection of 12 courses. I am having issues with Decisions, Iterations and Scenarios in StudioX (v2020.10) course. The assignment at the end of the course, called “Practice: Working With Multiple Templates”. I am pasting the link to the course https://academy.uipath.com/courses/decisions-iterations-and-scenarios-in-studiox

If you have an extra 20 minutes and would like to do challenge, please have a look at it. Thank you for your time and help.

@Petrunina_Yulia

Thank you for the link. I tried the challenge and the solution works for me too. I’m sure you’re using the unmodified Resume-Data.xlsx file but can you please share here just to be thorough.

Thanks

1 Like

Hi @argin.lerit did the robot saved 6 edited resumes or 4? Can you check the folder? In my case the robot did only 4 resumes (so robot didnt go through all rows in the file) but according to file it must be 6.

If you look at the screenshot the robot never created the Processing Robot Resume Cyan (row 6), it just stopped at Receiving Robot Resume Blue (row 5).

Mine created 5, the number of rows that have “Need CV = Yes”.

If you’d like, you may zip the project you made and attach here. I will run on my end and see if I get the same results.

Thanks!

1 Like

Decisions Iterations Scenarios Challenge.zip (272.0 KB)
Hi @argin.lerit you are a saint. Thank you for helping me out and spending your precious time. I have attached the project.
I have a silly question. When I download a solution from a UiPath course, do I need to unzip a solution folder or do anything special before running the provided solution? Thank you. I am very new to UiPath, I started last week working on it.

@Petrunina_Yulia - Your solution worked on my end and got all 5 files when I ran it:

At this point, I am unsure what’s causing the issue on your end. If you can check your StudioX version and make sure it is latest, that could help narrow down the issue. Beyond that, it’s specific to your machine I’m afraid.

Yes, unzip the ZIP file but make sure to choose an option like this instead of just “Extract here”. Doing this makes sure that all the solution files are in their proper folder (instead of littering the folder where the original ZIP file is).

Thanks

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.