Decisions, Iterations, and Scenarios in StudioX - Working With Multiple Templates

Oh well done, can you explain it to me then because this has been stumping me for a while?
Thanks

I devoted 5 hours to working with templates, it did not work, but then I realized what the mistake was and everything went well

I keep getting error message that it cannot write and I have to click skip everytime. also it never starts on the 2nd resume writing activity. even though I have “for each row”: and activities are nested under it.

Can somebody share screen how robot should be made? There is no video and solution does not show how this should be made… I still have errors…

A video of this solution would really help I think. It’s the first one I really needed and there wasn’t one.

1 Like

Agreed. I think a video on this one would be helpful.

This was a bit challenging to figure out why the Copy File was giving an error. First I thought there was a problem with expression here string.Format(“Resume Templates{0}.docx”, CVType ) but with a little help from my robot friends I figured the problem was because of the variables having been set up in a different area, instead they should have been defined in For Each Activity. Maybe this will be helpful for someone.

I think that the RPA after what I learned in this course is now much more useful and activities can be carried out depending on decisions and adding iterations that will make the automation much more productive

very hard exercice i was able to do it using switch case but after checking the solution it looks more complex

This exercise was difficult for me, particularly the copying of the files. The solution helped. A video on this would be helpful.

My husband and I were able to figure this out after 4 failed attempts.

This was a tricky one, i didn’t put my use word resource in the “then” block and it still worked. I think someone earlier was asking what the output should be, you should have 5 resumes in the “Edited Resumes” folder with their respective details set accordingly to the data set in the table.

Here’s my solution from the for each activity onwards in case anyone needs it:

and then etc etc.

After a few attempts i was able to get it. this one was challenging. thanks

This module may need to be tweaked a bit. Some suggestions:

1. Rework the “What is this robot doing question?” - as is, its kind of like a set-up.
  2. Add a video for the multiple templates portion.
  3. Add content for email iteration.
  4. Please double check the Scenarios video, it’s seems the “split decision” portion should refer to the “check #1” field and not the “cash in” field.

Hello all! I am having difficulty with this project and have not been successful despite many attempts. If anyone has suggestions, I would be very appreciative.
When I run the bot I get the following error when attempting to update the cyan resume for Flying_Robot:

Something went wrong with an Action .
Activity Replace Picture ( Word Replace Picture ) failed:

Could not find any picture with Find pictures with Alt Text = ‘Photo_Placeholder’.

I checked the template file and the placeholder picture is there and has the appropriate alt text. When I open the newly created edited resume, it is completely blank. Why is the copy file activity creating a blank word doc?

secondly, I have had trouble indicating two excel cells within one pathway. I seem to be able to indicate or CV Type when naming the edited resumes but have not figured out how to do both.

Thanks in advance!

Figured this out eventually. Needed to validate the file location to ensure it didnt create a draft in the wrong place.

Took a while to figure out that the skip was needed as well.

I got really confused when making changes to the Withdraw and Split Deposit functions. I believe the video was off on the Cash-in and the Check #1 but I could be wrong. I wasn’t able to get all the transactions to work but 4 of them did. Maybe the excel files I was using had different data.

Hi, I have the exact same problem. I understand what is happening. But I don’t know how to edit correctly the path to follow inside the “copy File”. It’s partially a path to a folder combined with a cell inside the Excel… How do I create that input for the robot? I can see the solution, however I don’t understand how to replicate it.

Using the advanced editor I get an error-message back. When clicking the “+” icon I can select a cell in the Excel but not combine it with the path to the folder.