UnAttended Bot in VDI

Hi All,
Facing an issue for unattended bots, We are trying to initiate a job which involves the screen scraping, website data read stuff etc. When the RDP connection is established with the server, job is running perfectly where as if the RDP session is disconnected the Bot fails.

VDI - Windows 10.
Orchestrator - 2018.3.1
Dev Studio / Robot - 2018.3.3

Could you please let me know if any one have faced this issue.

Hi,

Could you please provide us an error message that you encounter?
What is your setting for the bot, notably login to console (you can see using ā€œeditā€ in the Robot page).

Cheers

I get the below error,

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Cannot find the UI element corresponding to this selector:
An ExceptionDetail, likely created by IncludeExceptionDetailInFaults=true, whose value is:
UiPath.Core.SelectorNotFoundException: Cannot find the UI element corresponding to this selector: ----> System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException: Cannot find the UI element corresponding to this selector:
at UiPath.UiNodeClass.FindFirst(UiFindScope scope, String nodeID)
at UiPath.Core.UiElement.FindFirst(FindScope scope, Selector selector)
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Question:

1. Is it because of the community edition of UI Path studio that iā€™m using ?
  2. I couldnt see the UI Path Service in the services.msc.

SelectorNotFound exception means that the UI Element could not be found using the path (Selector) that you specified.

Usually, Selector exception contains more info like bellow.

image.
They could help to understand exactly where it fails.

Regarding your two question, I do not think those are the problem.

Cheers

the same code is working perfectly when i run it through ā€œattendedā€ automation. the issue comes up only when the code is executed through orchestrator via unattended option. Could it be because of community edition ?

Likely not.

However, when you trigger from Orchestrator the session may look different for the both (especially regarding resolution, DPI etcā€¦)

Thatā€™s why I asked you about your settings in Orchestrator which can impact this.

Login to console may be relevant.

The environment may look a bit different when running from Orchestrator.

See example here and its solution.

Resolution can be a key contributor to unattended issues, where RDP by default will be in 800x600 which compresses windows putting things out of sight much of the time. In the newer versions, you can change this on the robot settings:

Other than, I think we suggest you identify which activity is causing the issue, like with exception.Source in a Catch if it doesnā€™t already tell you the Source, then place Take Screenshot actions to see what the screen looks like at the moments of errors.

EDIT: Additionally, a user profile can have various default settings that you may have turned off on your own development user profile. So, there could be pop-up messages that you didnā€™t code for, or there could be some browser/environment settings that would need to be adjusted, if you donā€™t plan on coding for these things for every project.

Hi Florent,

We are facing a similar issue. Our Uipath has been upgraded to 2019.10.2.
And since then all of our ui based activities have stopped working when run through the orchestrator. We have checked all our selectors and they are not image based at all and also not ui dependent. We checked our Uipath settings file and the Login to console option is true for it. So basically our VM doesnā€™t disconnect when process is run through orchestrator. Could it be because of that? Do you think changing Login To Console to ā€˜falseā€™ will help it work? Could you please help. We are in a very tight deadline and this is a new issue that has popped up.

Thanks and regards,
Arjun

Hi,

The problem I am facing is that our ui based activities donā€™t run when the process is run from the orchestrator. But when the process is run directly without orchestrator, it executes just fine. We also checked our selectors, and they are not ui dependent at all.
So inorder to make it run , after a few suggestions on forums, we came across the suggestion to make LoginToConsole to ā€˜falseā€™ and did that via the orchestrator settings.
But in the uipath.settings file, it is still showing as ā€˜trueā€™. Can anyone tell me what role the uipath.settings file plays during execution from orchestrator when the settings can be defined in the orchestrator itself? and does the orchestrator settings have to reflect in the uipath.settings file? and if not what is the solution?

Thanks and regards,
Arjun

@AJ0207 did you manage to find a fix for this yet ?

1 Like