UI Automation - cannot select a hoverable element

Hello I need some help as I have been trying this in all possible ways but fail. I am following the UI Automation course and trying to exactly mimic the training video. This relates to the RPA challenge app. I enter a click activity in order to change the display language to JA(panese). I try to indicate the element and toggle F6 to ensure i can select it i hoverable list. I click on JA in this list but systematically i get as reply that no anchor was found and the selection is not valid.
Yet in the training video i see nothing about a anchor for this case and there it seems to work perfect. I am not sure what i am doing wrong. Will appreciate anyone’s help because i am sure this issue will reoccur - thanks

@MKB

Can you please show some screenshots

Anchor might not be mandatory but while indicating you would have selected anchor as wel

Cheers

Thanks for your reply Anil
So this is the first screen (i have toggled hoverable elements F6) and selected the 3rd item from the list

It says no anchor found

If i now confirm underneath the target element, see what I get

But as you can see on the screen shot, it does not look like it has understood i want to select JA from the pulldown list, it thinks I am selecting “the” which graphically sits underneath the “JA” from the pulldown list. So it indicates all kind of duplicates which are “the” or snippets hereof in the text

So i select an anchor and the target is still at its place but this (which i have tried multiple times) does not work once i run it

Thanks so much if you can help !

Hi @MKB

Can you try the below way:
=> Use Click activity to Click EN.
=> Use Hover activity pause and hover the cursor over EN when the dropdown is visible just click on JA.

Refer the below image for better understanding. Attaching the workflow below too.

Sequence17.xaml (37.4 KB)

Hope it helps!!
Regards

@MKB

Please use only strict selector

And then use click on the dropdown and with strict selector click on what you need

Cheers

OK i tried your first solution with the click EN => Click JA => Hover JA but it only worked well once…; really odd
i am a beginner with UiPath - tried to download your sequence but i get an error loading it in Studio so i am trying your second recommendation

i just can’t make it work … left the click En, click JA, hover JA - all in fuzzy mode. I get no error messages but it does not move me to the japanese version of the web-site. I am about to give up !!!

sorry all in strict mode, not fuzzy mode

Hi @MKB

Hi @MKB

Can you try the below way:
=> Use Click activity to Click EN.
=> Use Hover activity pause and hover the cursor over EN when the dropdown is visible just click on JA.

Refer the below image for better understanding. Attaching the workflow below too.

Sequence17.xaml (37.4 KB)

Try this way. This should work for you.
Hope it helps!!
Regards

i tried all of this … and does not work … :woozy_face:

Actually it’s working fine at my end @MKB . Try downloading the xaml file and run the process.

Regards

Hi @MKB

Try this it is working

1st Click activity:

2nd Click activity: Click on F6 in top corner

Main.xaml (12.9 KB)

Cheers!!

Hello thanks so much for your answer Irtetala … i downloaded your main file, I had to modify the properties of each of these activities given that i am working on Microsoft Edge and you on Chrome. I compared all the other parameters for each of these activities with those i had and could not find other differences.
But i tried it … and it does not work. I will re look at this tomorrow with fresh eyes …

Could it be the browser ?

Actually what you see for the activity clicking to JA is

But what i see is

I other words the button “EN” is not green - while in your screen copy it is…; What could possibly be the cause hereof ?

@MKB

Please find the below file for Edge browser you can extract and run the file

BlankProcess16.zip (604.6 KB)

Cheers!!

Hello , first of all thanks so much for your help - I have tested your download and it works !!

The only problem is that i can’t figure out why my version does not work - i checked and cross-checked every attribute of the activities to make sure they match. Would there be something different in the environment which explains why my version does not work ?
Your environment is as follows
Mine is as follows
As you can see i do not have the WebAPI activities … maybe that is the reason ?

My code is in the attached zip file
marco.zip (1.4 MB)

I would really be greatful if you could help explain to me what is causing mine not to work… seems quite important to me to understand.

@MKB

Please select input mode to Simulate and run the bot it will work

No that is not the reason…I have used that package in my previous workflow i am reused that workflow that’s why the package is there in my file.

Regards,

@lrtetala Fantastic - you have truly helped me out - i would not have found it because there seemed to be nothing wrong with the input mode (set as app/browser). I tested all of them and only Simulate seems to work. But it is a great learning for me - my apologies for the time I made you loose hereon. Sincere thanks !!!

1 Like

@MKB

Hope you get the solution for your question if yes please mark it as solution

@MKB

If you got the solution from my answer please mark my answer as solution