Studio unable to run or debug

I am new to everything and trying to learn lots of things from scratch, in particular from the online courses in Academy. However, I recently encountered a problem that I am unable to resolve even after going through many seems related topics in Forum but to no avail. Likewise, I am putting up as much below information so that resolution can be narrowed down effectively. Appreciate the help as it has been bugging me the last 20+ days when Studio is unable to run or debug. Thanks in advance.

Studio 2020.10.2
Community License
EXE Installer
License Provider: Internal
Company Policy: None
Update Channel: Stable
Microsoft Windows 10 Home 64-bit
.NET Framework Version 4.8 or later

Activity Packages Versions
“dependencies”: {
“UiPath.Excel.Activities”: “[2.9.3]”,
“UiPath.Mail.Activities”: “[1.9.3]”,
“UiPath.System.Activities”: “[20.10.1]”,
“UiPath.UIAutomation.Activities”: “[20.10.6]”

Orchestrator Version
Cloud Orchestrator

Cause: No issue when using earlier but somewhere late Dec 2020, unable to run or debug program in UiPath Studio.

  1. In UiPath Studio > Status Bar,
    shows red dot followed by “Robot Error”.
    Hovered message shows “Communication Error with Robot Service. Please check Robot Service Status.
    Reason: Action not possible. Valid license”
  2. In UiPath Assistant > Title Bar,
    Shows red dot.
    Hovered message shows "Action not possible. Valid license is required!
  3. In UiPath Robot bottom,
    Status: Unlicensed
  4. In Cloud Orchestrator > top right Bell,
    Shows alerts indicating “#robot -attended disconnected (#1222)”
  5. In Cloud Orchestrator > Tenant > Robots,
    Robot “autogen<my email id>” status shows “Disconnected”
  6. In Cloud Orchestrator > Tenant > Machines,
    's workspace machine shows type “Template”

Hello @antonios_chia,

Can you check the Robot is running fine from Service Application?

I hope this Link will help you,

Hi @Pradeep_Shiv (PS),
PS1. When you mentioned “Service Application”, are you referring to “Orchestrator > Tenant > Robots”?
PS2. If yes, the status shows “Disconnected” as mentioned in my initial message.

1 Like

No, image
This one

Hi… @Pradeep_Shiv,
Tried your suggested link and here are my feedback.

  1. Approach 1
    Did not find any UiPath Robot service. Hence, nothing to run, stop or restart.
  2. Approach 2
    Completed the steps and still no change.
  3. Approach 3
    Completed the steps and still no change.
  4. Approach 4
    Mine is personal so no proxy or organisation restriction. Likewise, i was able to learn run or debug my programs when it just suddenly malfunctioned out of the blue.

Hi… @Pradeep_Shiv,
After further observations, i suspect that it may not be my uipath studio issue but rather orchestrator. Feeling that my case may be in limbo, I am now browsing through the forum based on keywords “community connected unlicensed”. While still glancing, i noticed many did not leave a concluded solution when issue is resolved or that the topic just ended prematurely without further thoughts. Hopefully, i can find some traces and eventually leave behind a resolved case description so that others who recently encountered similarly can benefit.

I snapshot
“cloud orchestrator > tenant > robot” as the robot is classified as “autogen\[EmailAddress]”

and even in snapshot
“cloud orchestrator > tenant > machines” also machine classified as “autogen\[EmailAddress]”

Not sure if the classifications are normal but if you are able to diagnose based on these clues, appreciate the feedback as I wanted to get my Studio back in action as it has put my learning to a halt which is frustrating. Thanks.

1 Like

Hello @antonios_chia,

What’s your Robot Tray status?

hi… @Pradeep_Shiv,
not sure which tray you are referring but here are the snapshots i’ve have gathered for your peruse. still figuring out what really went wrong. please note that i am in community edition. thanks.

  1. in “cloud orchestrator > tenant > users > attended robot”, i have modified the license type to “inherit license from user’s group”

  2. when i switched back to “cloud orchestrator > tenant > robots”, the previous robot “autogen…” has disappeared.

  3. i checked the “uipath assistant > preferences > orchestrator settings”, it still showed “connected, unlicensed”

  4. in “cloud orchestrator > my folders > default > robots”, there are no robots shown.

  5. in “uipath robot > settings > orchestrator settings > status”, it also showed “unlicensed”.