Robot machine is unlicensed. How to fix this

I am unable to connect to tenant and cant log into UiPath Studio. And I think the reason is that the robot machine has become unlicensed. But I have a community edition so the license doesnt expire as i have understood it? It worked previously today, but after restarting my computer it stopped working. How can I fix this?

Unlicensed robots:

@ida_borgen

Just to confirm are you on classic folders?

Can you open UiPath assistant and try sign in from there please

cheers

What do you mean by classic folders and where do I check if thats what Im using?

Yes I am able to sign in from UiPath Assistant.

@ida_borgen

Even after signin in it is not allowing you to open studio?

cheers

I am able to sign in to the assistant, but when I then try to sign in to Studio I am automatically signed out of the assistant and I get the error message “Connection failed: Access is denied” in the Studio app.

@ida_borgen

Did you create a user in orchestrator and a machine in orchestrator?

gave a automation developer role to the user?

cheers

Yes, and the user has an automation user role, but how do I check if it has an automation developer role?

@ida_borgen

Edit the user …and assignautomation dveeloper role

Cheers

@ida_borgen

Allow Automation user also should suffice

can you please show your machine setup as well

and in admin page go to your tenant and check if automation developer is allocated

cheers

Automation developer isnt allocated on my account as far as I can tell. But do I need this to be able to use Studio? I have the community edition, but it has been working fine until yesterday so I dont see what suddenly changed about the licenses.

@ida_borgen

Ideaaly you would need to see that…

Can you please confirm
That your license is community

On admin pge…select the org from left and then select license and see what license it is

Cheers

I guess it also says here that automation developer is allocated?

@ida_borgen

Can you check if the user you are trying to use is given this group or license

Cheers

Seems like its given this group? should i change it to “allocate to user” → “Automation developer - Named user”?

@ida_borgen

Either add user to that group or change to allocate to user and give it to required user

Cheers

Automation developer group

The user already is part of the automation developer group

I changed it to “allocate to user” → “Automation developer - Named user” and then restarted the computer, and now I am able to sign in to Studio and license status for one of the robots is active again.

Do you know why it was working before, and then stopped working, and why it now is working again? I didnt change anything in the settings or the licenses before it suddenly stopped working, so it would be useful to understand what happened so that its easier to fix if I have problems with the lisences in the future.

Thanks,
Ida

@ida_borgen

By any chance did you get any update in last 1 or two days?

Community version if not updated will stop working and generally after restart auto update starts again…so it would have updated

And also its better use allocation to user instead of group in community …group works better with ad integration and all

Cant give a concrete explanation for this…but mostly it would be related to update

Cheers