SAP Selectors Not Visible

I am trying to extract a table from SAP transaction SE16N. The export to spreadsheet button can be selected when using SAP GUI Scripting recording. However, UiPath does not recognise the individual buttons when using the UI Explorer.
The selector from the SAP GUI Recording is:
session.findById("wnd[0]/usr/cntlRESULT_LIST/shellcont/shell").pressToolbarContextButton "&MB_EXPORT"

The UiPath explorer selector is:

<wnd app='saplogon.exe' cls='SAP_FRONTEND_SESSION' title='*' />
<sap id='usr/cntlRESULT_LIST/shellcont/shell' />

Is it possible to specify this specific button in the UiPath selector?

Hi @Nicholas_Doss

I am not sure. I will however leave here this approach:

Maybe the author of this post will offer some of his expertise in the topic :slight_smile:

1 Like

@loginerror

Hello Maciej,
thanks for bringing my attention to this post.
Best regards
Stefan

@Nicholas_Doss

Hello Nicholas,

the transaction SE16N works with an ABAP List Viewer Grid (ALV-Grid). This is a control which includes buttons with special functions and a list. I tried it with a test report.

In the hierarchy you can see it also. It is a shell with the subtype GridView.

This reflects exactly the UI definition from the report in the SAP backend system.

That is the reason why you can’t detect the single buttons in the toolbar. And that is also the reason why the SAP GUI Scripting offers own methods to grant access to the toolbar buttons.

Maybe this could also be a field of use for UiPath Computer Vision.

If you have the requirement to automate this kind of UI then I recommend you at the moment the way to record your activities in PowerShell and to execute it in the context of UiPath. How to execute a complete PowerShell script I described on my site.

I don’t know an easier way at the moment.

Best regards
Stefan

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.