SAP Selectors

Hello everybody!

I have a quick question hoping somebody can provide me with an answer.

Is it posible to use any part of the SAP Gui Script as a selector in UiPath?

For example, I need to download an Excel file from one of our transactions, I could use Data Scraping but I have to scroll down in the table as not all data is available if it is not in screen. Instead of looping in a ‘While’ I thought it would be easier just to click on the download button and save the information in a .cvs file but the button does not have a proper selector when I try to reach it in UiExplorer.

When recording the “Export” action in SAP Gui this is what the script looks like:
"
session.findById(“wnd[0]”).maximize
session.findById(“wnd[0]/shellcont/shell”).pressToolbarContextButton “&MB_EXPORT”
session.findById(“wnd[0]/shellcont/shell”).selectContextMenuItem “&XXL”
"

Here I hope you can see an example of the full selector UiExplorer provides me, as you can see, there is no id for the “Export” button.

If anybody have any idea on how to solve this it would be great!

Thank you!

Hello,

I am able to download with no problems excel files… anyway… you can click and run the script just as if you do it manually… however this will defeat the purposse of the automation with UiPath…

I am attaching a file with comments for your reference. this was part of a process where I need to download files from a specific transaction.

sap_download.xaml (46.2 KB)

Thank you for your prompt response,

I can eventually work my way around selectors and use other activities to click on the “Export Spreadsheet” button.
I was just wandering if I could use any of the specific information on the Gui Script as a selector in UiPath.

I’ll check your file, I’m sure it will be very helpful.

Thanks again!

sure,

I think you should go first for the ui automation, because you won’t have to maintain two codes…

but if in this case, I would activate scripting, and then try to send hotkeys to run the script, I remember I did something like this in the beggingn that I realized that doing all with uipath it is more flexible.

regards.