Outlook activity error : The specified folder does not exist

Hi there,

I am getting the error “Get outlook mail messages : The specified folder does not exist” on using “get outlook mail messages” activity.
Below are the property values I am using.

outlook version - 2016
uipath ver - 2018.1.4

Thanks in advance.

Can you try by specifying the full path for Mailfolder like “\email_Id\Inbox".

For eg: “\abc@outlook.com\Inbox”

1 Like

where you able to resolve your issue? is outlook open?

Hi @Vinutha , even after passing the full path,its not working,giving the same error…Thanks

@beesheep yes outlook is open… its still giving error

Is the correct name, mine was giving me error because it was not inbox but, boîte de réception
Can you check ?

@beesheep yes the name is correct… its inbox for me

Ok let’s try this, if you have web mail access open and che the name, perhaps you also need to check the properties in outlook, also are you incluiding the email address and the pw for the account.?

Edit, check the name

Don’t confess so much about this. I also faced this error(The Folder doesn’t exit) and also done all the suggestions they gave. Nothing worked.
Finally its so simple. Just configure your outlook with “Get IMAP Mail Messages” just like gmail. Not with get outlook mail message. Just configure IMAP Port and Server. At last email and password of outlook account. It works.

Just try it.

Check your Account property in the Get Outlook Mail Message Activity - IT IS CASE SENSITIVE.

Hi,
I hope you have already solved your problem.
If not then please check the below point(This may be one of the reason) because I too have faced it error.

1. Check if Outlook is running in Elevated=Yes mode, if yes please check to No
  2. Because Robot has privileges issue thus not able to access the folder of Outlook.
    Take help from admin team to run in normal mode

I am having the same problem. Is there a fix?

when you say configure your outlook with Get Imap --how did you do that?

1 Like

I have this same question. Maybe a nudge would help

I have the same issue also. And after delete outlook account => repair outlook => restart computer => recreate outlook account, the problem solved. I hope it’s helpful.

Hi,

Do we have any definite fix on this ? I am getting the same error. None of the above helped.

Regards,
Revati

I did all the above and other suggestions but nothing worked. Then I found the solution myself. I have several e-mail accounts in outlook using POP3 but in the “Account” field I had to write: “Outlook”. That solved my problem - hope it helps others.

Using the full file path worked for me. Thanks :grin:

Try open your Outlook App first, I don’t know why but I did realise when the Outlook App is open, the error message does not show up.