How to run UI Automation in unattended robot when RDP session is minimized

So I have created an xaml flow which clicks browser buttons downloads files and then does some basic operations. I setup a windows server and connected remotely to it and when I debug my process automation while staying on the screen it works smoothly, problem is that I can’t keep my pc on forever so when I just minimize the file even though my system remains up and running:

I was just curious to know if it’s compulsory to keep screen open for the ui based process automation to run through unattended robot?

This is the error I get which is like first UI interaction:

message: Click ‘Facesheet’: Could not find the user-interface (UI) element for this action. Possible solutions: • Ensure application is opened and the UI element is visible on the screen at execution time • Edit the Target of the UI activity and use Validation to debug the issue. • If needed, re-indicate the element as its properties might have changed • Use “Check state” activity to check the application state before executing the action • Increase the “Delay before” value to allow time to the application to render entirely and become responsive

Here are the steps I have performed:

1. Created an unattended robot with machine as the remote instance name.
  2. Created an environment and connected with the robot created in step 1.
  3. Setup UIPath Assistant using machine key and URL.
  4. Published the files and scheduled it to run everyday at 12.00 Am.

The process faults at its first UI interaction. Even though it was running in unattended robot form.

Thanks in advance.

Hi @Riya_Bansal

Try installing the ui robot using service mode. That might help this scenario…

Again on community version we have some limitations if you are using that apart from that you can try the below

Input to Browser fails when remote desktop is not connected
Remote Desktop
Uipath can’t perform clicks on a minimized RDP session
RDP Session Running UiPath Fails On PC Lock
UI Path scripts are failing when RDP is disconnected

Cheers

1 Like

HI @Riya_Bansal

Check the steps. You need Service Host to run the process

1. Have you installed the Bot which you are running as un attended from orchestrator by using MSI installer since we must install the bot with service mode since service mode bot is required for unattended automation.
  2. Make sure that you assigned un attended bot license for the Bot(VM) which you are trying to run your process un attended.

Check out this Thread

Hope it will helps

Regards
Gokul

1 Like