How to not update Studio to latest version? 2018.1.0 issues

another one, before, I never got this error when I want to send an email

The remote certificate is invalid according to the validation procedure.

What I should do here?

1. What errors are you getting with the citrix automation? Which activities fail or whats happening exactly?
  2. You send email with what activity and where?

@Gabriel_Tatu

1. I’m getting wrong data with ocr activities than I got good before.
    2 I just did a single test that was working fine before the new version …and now I got this error. image

what ocr activity are you using exactly? it is very important to know this

the second error seems to be related to the smtp server where you are trying to send an email, 18.1 update does not bring new mail activities automatically, those you install it yourself.

oh sorry do you mean as google ocr? image

and for the second so you mean that I should update the package? because I did …I updated all the packages and still didn’t work …or I should do something different?

so you are using get Google OCR text - do you get an error or the scraping has a lower accuracy?

i don`t think that its a problem with the mail package, i think it may be a problem with the server you are sending emails to, something might have changed there

the scrapping has a very lower accuracy …but I tried to re programming and looks like is working ok. I will need to reprogramming all my activities I think.

about the emails I saw this Send SMTP mail message gets an invalid certificate error after updating to Mail activity 1.1.6562.21018 and is working again … I dont know if there are another solution but that is ok for me now.

An old working project, now just can’t start on the 2018 studio with this error on the screenshot.

1 Like

the google ocr tess data has been changed in 18.1, and results might differ now. you can revert to the old one, get it from here: GitHub - tesseract-ocr/tessdata at 3.04.00

Didn’t work for me :frowning:

ok thank you.

restart machine, try a reinstall if still have the error

That works, thanks

@gabriel_tatu, Is there any work in progress to not having the Studion to auto-update to the latest version? This is a really bad thing for us that are having the stable enterprise version, especially with the bug for 2018 version.

no, auto update can`t be disabled. but this is only for Community, Enterprise users usually have the .msi installer, which does not have the auto update feature.

Hi @Gabriel_Tatu,

Unfortunately we have many developers that have been upgraded to 2018 without doing anything actively, just as the original question states. All our developers have had a licensed 2017 Enterprise version.

Yeah I can confirm, I am using the Enterprise Edition and I was auto-updated.

Hi,

You may have the Enterprise version, but the UiPathStudioSetup.exe installer which does the auto-update. Is this the case? If you have the Enterprise version with the UiPAthPaltform.msi installer it doesn’t auto-update.

I’ve created this FAQ topic to summarize the issue here and how to solve it: