Send SMTP mail message gets an invalid certificate error after updating to Mail activity 1.1.6562.21018

I just updated my mail activities package to the latest version this afternoon. After updating, I now get the following error on all of my workflows that were previously working perfectly:

SOVOS has thrown an exception

Source: Send SMTP Mail Message

Message: The remote certificate is invalid according to the validation procedure.

Exception Type: AuthenticationException

System.Security.Authentication.AuthenticationException: The remote certificate is invalid according to the validation procedure.
   at UiPath.Mail.Activities.SendMailActivity.EndExecute(AsyncCodeActivityContext context, IAsyncResult result)
   at System.Activities.AsyncCodeActivity.System.Activities.IAsyncCodeActivity.FinishExecution(AsyncCodeActivityContext context, IAsyncResult result)
   at System.Activities.AsyncCodeActivity.CompleteAsyncCodeActivityData.CompleteAsyncCodeActivityWorkItem.Execute(ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager)

I’m not sure why the update caused this to occur - did anyone else have an issue when updating to this latest package? Is there any way to revert back to the previous package? I tried simply deleting the package and copy+pasting the activity folder from a different machine that hadn’t updated (version 1.1.6479.13205), but then I received a different error

EDIT: I was able to revert back to the previous package. Looking through the Studio Logs I saw that there were a couple dependencies that were deleted. Copying + pasting the old mail activity and the 2 dependencies (MimeKit and Mailkit) into the activities folder allowed me to revert back to the previous version which is working again.

I have been looking for this solution. I only have the latest version downloaded during learning the activity. Can you help me fix it with a little more detailed description? Maybe also if you can send me the deleted activities it will help me a lot.

Thanks

Unfortunately my company is blocking me from uploading any of the activities files. If someone else still hasn’t updated to the newest version - could you attach the following which is needed:
UiPath.Mail.Activities.1.1.6479.13205
MimeKit.1.2.7.0
MailKit.1.2.7.0

If someone can upload these, then you have to move the 3 files to %LocalAppData%\UiPath\Activities

Be sure to delete the other version of the mail activities package from LocalAppData

EDIT: If no one responds between now and when I get home this evening, I believe I have these activities on my personal computer and can upload them at that time.

EDIT2: It looks like I never downloaded the mail activities, so I can’t give them to you - sorry!

2 Likes

@Dave thank you very much, I was the same issue and with your help I fixed.

What servers are you using to send emails? If you change to another provider, just as a test, will it work?

Solved For Me. I had same issue. I found my antivirus was blocking it. Disabled antivirus and I am done !! Thanks all.

Sorry I didn’t respond. We are using our own internal servers and I don’t have the option to switch

@dave Need your help buddy…I am getting the same error…I tried blocking my antivirus…it didnt worked for me…I don’t have any previous version of mail activity package…

I need more details in order to properly investigate. Can i see the workflow? You can remove the password for the user…but leave everything else on there. i want to see what properties are used in the activity

Sure Gabriel,
Here is the property… and mail.xaml

Main.xaml (18.2 KB)

I’ll upload the activity pack later this evening from my home computer. I can’t do it from work. With 2018.1 they make it quite a bit easier to roll back to previous versions of the package, so I can roll back & then upload the necessary activities.

@Gabriel_Tatu - I attached a picture of the properties pane of the activity that DOES work in 2017.1 and mail version 1.1.6479.13205. Once I update to the mail activities pack (1.1.6562.21018) it no longer works, throwing the error I posted in the OP. Note that this is an internal company smtp server

Gmail? This is weird…

yes…@gabriel_tatu for Gmail…
@Dave …Do share the activity pack once home… earlier this config use to work perfectly…now it has become an issue…

Its working fine for me, weird. Can you try 587 instead of 465? Again, both are working fine for me

Can you also copy paste the whole exception thrown by studio? There is a copy to clipboard option inside it. Thanks!

This isn’t the same version I"m using at work, as that isn’t available in the package list for whatever reason. However, this is the 2nd most recent mail activities package, so hopefully it will work.

You’ll also need the MimeKit 1.2.7.0 but that is too large to upload here. Let me know if needed and I can upload to some other site and link it here

UiPath.Mail.Activities.1.1.6382.14550.zip (139.2 KB)MailKit.1.2.7.0.zip (2.9 MB)

Hi guys,

your answers are very helpful, thanks. It works pretty good with old version of mail package, but…

…is there any chance to make the latest mail package working with the latest UiPath?

Can you try changing de port to 587 if you were not doing it already?

I am sorry, but it doesn’t work. Still the same error.

test123123 has thrown an exception

Source: Send SMTP Mail Message

Message: The remote certificate is invalid according to the validation procedure.

Exception Type: AuthenticationException

System.Security.Authentication.AuthenticationException: The remote certificate is invalid according to the validation procedure.
at UiPath.Mail.Activities.SendMailActivity.EndExecute(AsyncCodeActivityContext context, IAsyncResult result)
at System.Activities.AsyncCodeActivity.System.Activities.IAsyncCodeActivity.FinishExecution(AsyncCodeActivityContext context, IAsyncResult result)
at System.Activities.AsyncCodeActivity.CompleteAsyncCodeActivityData.CompleteAsyncCodeActivityWorkItem.Execute(ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager)

ok, we are looking into it.

2 Likes