A few workarounds to the common error code 0x800A03EC.
Before you check it out, please make sure you are running the latest available stable Excel package from our Official feed.
If you have encountered this error during your Excel processing, please make sure:
- you can access the file your are working on
(in case of shared drives -> the file is not open by another user)
- the file is not open already open in a non-standard editing mode (read-only, password-protected, etc)
- there is no conflicting Excel processes running in the background
To solve the issue, one could try to:
- add a delay between operation on the Excel file (if the issue comes from two actions on the same file in the short amount of time)
- make sure the Excel process is closed before the Excel Application Scope starts working on a file
(i.e. by killing all running Excel processes)
Pleas also reference these topics about the issue:
(they all contain a post marked as a potential solution)
Let us know if you encounter this issue and it cannot be solved by the above mentioned suggestions.
We would love to know your particular scenario to be able to better address this general issue.