Error Handling in StudioX - Repair My Robot

Errors are an important part of the life of anyone building robots and it might seem intimidating at first. How do you approach problem-solving when something doesn’t work on your machine?
Now it’s the time to make full use of the forum. Share your errors, post solutions, help your colleagues who go through the StudioX learning experience, and reflect back to all you learned so far.

For any technical question , please create a new topic in the StudioX category here .

1 Like

Great exercise. I was confident enough to review all the issues against the Robot Path and make the changes in one go. I made good use of the “Run to this Activity” and “Run from this Activity” to check what the Robot had done. Referring to the Output showed me exactly what had occurred.

The only unexpected outcome was spamming Sam. I meant to email myself. That was down to the Excel resource file, which I had copied and edited and not referenced back. So the Robot did what it was instructed to do.

1 Like

Great Exercise, In this I also tried the Compress Files option to make less emails

Brilliant! It gives more confidence after troubleshooting someone else’s project.

Most challenging exercise for me to date. I tried to do this without having to use outlook yet however I ended up buying outlook. The SMTP and Gmail protocols just didn’t work out. It is really great exercise that I will probably use often.

This is by far the hardest exercise I have encountered yet. Great exercise to test my skills! Ready to keep moving forward!

Hi,

Instead of fixing the robot I tried to create it from the scratch. I tried to build with one of the month folder already created.
I had issues for if condition - not thinking to let the “else” branch blank…
After running the project I noticed that a folder “___” it is created and templates files are copied there.
I run the solution as well and i have seen the same result.
Is it the normal output of the project or is it an error?

Cheers