Comparison between Einstein OCR (Salesforce OCR) VS UiPath OCR

Hi Team,

Can you please help me on the comparison between Einstein OCR (Salesforce OCR) and the UiPath OCR using the Document Understanding model.

I need what are the advantage and disadvantage for above OCR’s.

Thanks!

@supermanPunch @Palaniyappan @Gokul001 @ushu

Hi @shreyash_shirbhate

Advantages: It can detect typed and handwritten text in images and PDFs. It can be integrated with Salesforce applications for data analysis and customer service.

Disadvantages: It may not work well with low-quality images or complex layouts. It may require a subscription to access the model.

Some of its use cases include:

• Extracting data from invoices, receipts, contracts, etc.

• Automating data entry and validation

• Enhancing customer service and engagement

Advantage : It can handle both structured and unstructured data from various document types. It can use different OCR engines for different use cases.

Disadvantages: It may not work well with handwritten text or non-standard fonts. It may require a license to use some of the OCR engines.

Some of its use cases include:

• Classifying documents based on their type

• Extracting key information from documents

• Validating extracted data against business rules

Hope it will help you

Regards
Gokul

1 Like

Thanks @Gokul001,

Do we have any size limitation for PDF files in both the OCR?

I can see Salesforce OCR has 10 MB size limit. Do we have such limits in UiPath OCR?

@shreyash_shirbhate

Please check this …I guess this helps you answer the questions

Comparision of different ocr in UiPath

Regarding einstein

https://help.salesforce.com/s/articleView?id=release-notes.rn_einstein_vision_ocr_max_image_size_increased.htm&release=230&type=5

Cheers

1 Like

Hi @shreyash_shirbhate

Einstein OCR:

• The maximum file size for an image or PDF is 5 MB, number of pages for a PDF is 10 and maximum resolution for an image or PDF is 300 dpi.

UiPath OCR:

• The maximum file size for a PDF depends on the OCR engine used.

Example

Tesseract OCR may increase the size of the generated PDF by 2.5 times.

• The maximum number of pages for a PDF depends on the memory and performance of your system. You may need to split large PDFs into smaller parts before processing them with UiPath OCR.

• The recommended resolution for a PDF is between 200 and 400 dpi. Higher resolutions may improve accuracy but also increase processing time and memory usage.

Regards
Gokul

1 Like

Thanks @Gokul001 and @Anil_G

1 Like