"Checking project for validation errors..." takes very long time

Hi,
I am complete newbie and need some advice. Using Studio 2021.4.0 Community License.

Every time I run or debug my robot, the validation takes at least 5 minutes. Is this normal or can I skip this validation step somehow.
Changing the UiPath Design settings do not help :frowning:

Thank you.

3 Likes

@rrregina

Welcome to forums

Are you talking about to start run / debug it is taking 5 minutes?

If so check you have good amount of RAM

Also try to clear the temp folder by typing %temp% from Run

Hope this may help you

Thanks

3 Likes

Thanks, clearing temp folder helped a lot.

1 Like

I know this was supposed to be fixed in 2022.4.4, according to Checking Project for validation errors gets stuck - #42 by MikeStrike

But I am still facing issue with long loading time on ā€œChecking project for validation errorsā€. Can take up to 5 minutes to start debugging (and even regular Run) from Main.

Iā€™m sitting on UiPath Studio 2022.10.3. Anyone else still also facing the same issue?

/d

Hi

Iā€™m also now experiencing this issue, since upgrade to Studio 2022.10. Looking at machine resource usage, UiPath is taking a huge amount of memory, between 8-9 GB RAM on a virtual server with 12GB allocated.

@UIPath please take a look at this, thanks.

2 Likes

Iā€™m experiencing the same problem. Studioā€™s memory usage reaches around 10GB and validation takes either 15+ minutes or crashes with an out of memory error.
This is with roughly 15 workflows.

2 Likes

@UiPath - please can this be addressed urgently as materially impacting delivery plans and costs.

Iā€™m also finding that once the robot starts to execute (after compilation) and after the bot has ended, UiPath is very slow to release the memory it has taken.

It takes about 1 minute or more for memory utilization to drop to normal.

Also, should qualify that this usually happens when running the project for the first time, as Studio, I assume, has no way of knowing whether any of the workflows in the project, activities etc. have changed since last validated, so validates the whole project.

If make a change to a workflow in the project after that, only the changed workflow is re-validated.

1 Like

Please fix the ā€œChecking project for validation errorsā€. The User Experience suffers a lot.

1 Like

Iā€™m also experiencing the same thing. After upgrading to version 2022.10.4, validating the project consumes all my machineā€™s memory (24gb), takes forever, then eventually errors out with ā€˜insufficient memoryā€™. This same project worked fine in older studio versions.

3 Likes

Hi Mike, have you seen anything mentioned anywhere that indicates a resolution? Iā€™ve not encountered the fatal termination of UiPath Studio due to excessive memory usage since it happened the one time for me, but it still is a pain.

I have the same issues after upgrading to 2022.10.5.

1 Like

UPDATE: The virtual server has been upgraded to 32GB RAM and additional CPU, but this has made little difference. The TaskManager resource panel shows that memory utilization steadily increases in a fairly linear fashion, using more and more memory but CPU remains steady. The drop is when compilation tasks:

@uipath : Is this being addressed at all in a new version?

We fixed this bug in Studio 2022.10.7 ā†’ Further improvements were made to a fix for higher than expected memory consumption when multiple interdependent libraries were installed in a project.

Installer: https://download.uipath.com/versions/22.10.7/UiPathStudio.msi

In Studio 2023.4.0, we fixed this ā†’ Project validation is now faster and uses less RAM and CPU resources. In addition, a confirmation dialog now prompts you to automatically import missing references when you open or validate some Windows projects.

Installer: https://download.uipath.com/versions/23.4.0/UiPathStudio.msi

Many thanks. I have passed details on to client to consider for their plans to upgrade Studio.

I should add that when amending the project settings for activity defaults, the problem is much worse with all memory allocated to checking project for validation errors, so that it just about freezes at about 60%. I had to leave running as no way to cancel the operation and was not going to kill UiPath for fear of corruption of files.