Attach Browser - not working

Hello Everyone,

Kindly help. My browser is open and and after done with other work, I want to work with the same browser which is currently open. What should I do to work with open browser. I am doing with the activity as Attach Browser and giving the link in Navigate to activity but it shows the error like, “value doesn’t fall within the expected range”

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Hemal

1 Like

Did you pass the browser variable?

yes I have passed though it is not working

Check this post

2 Likes

Hi,

If your specifying the browser variable in attach browser then no need of navigate activity please remove and try.
If still doesn’t works then remove browser variable and copy the selector of main browser and pass in attach browser.

3 Likes

Hi,

Thanks to all for your quick response. I tried through selector @ddpadil and yes its working. Thanks again.

Regards,
Hemal

Summary Of the Solution (For Rookies Like Me):

For a Sequence Like the the one below:

When you do a ‘Indicate on Screen’, You have to highlight the content of a given Tab. Not the whole browser window. Here’s the difference you will see in the selector :

Whole Window Selected (http://www.sha1-online.com/ open In IE.) :
< wnd app=‘iexplore.exe’ cls=‘IEFrame’ title=‘SHA1 online - Internet Explorer’ />

Only the Content of the Specific Tab:
< html title=‘SHA1 online’ />

When you select the Whole Window , we get the error you mentioned :

This is my first post on the forum, pardon me if there are any mistakes. :grinning: Kudos Every one Ui Path Rocks :sunglasses:

Thanks,
Nithin Prabhu

16 Likes

@Nithin_P :slight_smile: it’s already done through selectors.
Thanks again !!

1 Like

Closing browser processes and keeping only one browser session makes a healthy browser selector like that:

Browser.BrowserView
{
Element=UiElement
{
ClippingRegion=null,
Selector=“”
}
}

But if something is wrong, that would not allow Attach Browser to work correctly with the following syntax - as the Title changes as we login/navigate the screen:

Browser.BrowserView
{
Element=UiElement
{
ClippingRegion=null,
Selector=“”
}
}

If somebody has a more stable workaround or fix - would be awesome!

This was what I was doing wrong. Thanks for the simple fix!

1 Like

Try update your packages through “Manage Packages”