I am quite new to UiPath. I created a routine to do some operations on a web page. For this I have to navigate on the web page to specific positions (it’s a viewer for our projects, imaginable like Google Maps).
Then I save the URL and open it in a new firefox window with the ‘Open Browser’ function. I save the browser in a variable, let’s call it window.
In the following steps the robot have to mark some points in the specific position of the viewer. I did this with ‘Attach Browser’ and gave it the variable window. The workflow is fine and works perfectly well.
Back in my flowchart is another workflow which shall use the same window after that. I did the same thing with ‘Attach Browser’ and the same varibale window. But the operations happen in my main browser, where I navigated to the scene.
Can someone help me with this issue? Did I miss something?
@ImPratham45 I do not get an error. But the problem is I attached a browser where all operations should happen. In the end the application uses the browser for one workflow and for the other workflow (which follows the first and has the same conditions) the application uses my main browser, which is not what I want.
I can show some of my workflow. I’m sorry but some points are in German. I can get you through if you want to know something.
So the following picture is the flowchart: What happens before: Before I start the application I have an open browser with a current scene. Then I start my application. Basically the application saves the URL from the scene in a String variable. Then follows the flowchart on the picture. The numbers indicate which workflows are affected in my problem.
Let’s start with 1. Before I said I saved an URL. In this operation the application just opens a browser with the URL in the variable. You can see it in the next picture, indicated by the blue arrow on the right side (Input).
The red arrow indicates my Output. The variable is from the type Uipath.Core.Browser.
In the 2. red box there is the first use of the variable. Here everthing works perfectly as intended. In the following picture are the settings for the attached browser function. The red arrow indicates the input.
The operations which follows are made in the attached browser.
In the third red box its not working anymore. The following pictures shows the setting for this attached browser function. Red arrow indicates the input.
The following operations are made in the browser which I used at the beginning (main browser).