Attach Browser 'iexplore.exe ACME': Invalid selector: <wnd app='iexplore.exe' cls='IEFrame' title='ACME System 1 - Work Items - Internet Explorer' />. Expected a <html> selector. Please make sure that you indicate a browser tab element

When I am doing web automation, I’ve decided to first add the Attach Browser activity and then manually specify the browser. However, whenever I run the activities inside the browser, I receive an error saying “Value does not fall within the expected range” with Argument exception. As a result, I need to use a work around which is to record the web automation sequence by first using Web Recording. This way, the Attach Browser activity is automatically generated, and later I could manually add activities to the sequence and then run it without any problem. Has anyone experienced this issue as well?

I suppose the issue is due to the difference in the Attach Browser selector. When I manually specify the browser, the selector value is this:

<wnd app='iexplore.exe' cls='IEFrame' title='Google - Internet Explorer' />

However, when I use Web Recording, the automatically generated Attach Browser selector has a much simpler value:

<html title='Google' />

1 Like

Did you try Open Browser activity and specify the URL and Browser?

Yes, this is of course after I have added an Open Browser activity, specifying the URL and BrowserType, and then adding the Attach Browser activity inside the Open Browser activity.

Probably the way your are indicating is wrong? try to hover over the Tab than the entire Window and indicate it.

12 Likes

Dude you are a star! The solution is to only indicate web page html window but bot the entire browser window nor the tab.

Thank you :slight_smile:

9 Likes

That’s not needed - you can work inside OpenBrowser the same way you would work within AttachBrowser scope. Adding one withing the other might also confuse partial selector merging (not tested, but theoretically possible).
Only difference is if you already have the browser opened or not.

1 Like

Hello.

I have the same problem. Could you include an example of how it would look?

1 Like

Hello,

The solution is to only indicate web page html window but bot the entire browser window. It worked for me

Thanks,
Vishal

1 Like

can you send a screenshoot i can´t fix that error

Hi,

If you indicate like this selector as <wnd app='iexplore.exe' cls='IEFrame' title='Google - Internet Explorer' /> it is not working. Just indicate the window selector as <html title='Google' />. In my case i used open broweser activity and opened google page and then did attach browser activity

Thanks,
Vishal Kumar

5 Likes

that tag is for attach browser not for open browser

Hi @Antonio,

Please check out this post. I have tried my best to as detailed as possible as I had faced this issue and took quite a lot of time to figure out the issue.

Kudos! :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Nithin Prabhu

1 Like

Thanks for the great tip! Indeed, the solution is to only indicate web page html window but not the entire browser window (the chrome) nor the browser tab.

2 Likes

I’m late to this party, but this absolutely worked! Thanks so much!

Can you please explain how did you solve this issue?

Hello.
I’ve just read whole conversation, because I’m facing same issue with browser.
Unfortunately, none of the solutions worked for me. Selector based only on title isn’t even valid, and I’m still having error message that “Value does not fall within expected range…”.
A simple activity to close default tab of internet explorer seems now like a big obstacle. None of the possible selectors are working for me. I’m not able to close single tab in browser.
Does anyone face common issue now?
May it be connected with the UiPath Studio version (2018.4.5)?

Regards

Hi @olgu

Could you try this sample and let me know if it still fails?
OpenAndCloseTabs.zip (7.4 KB)

Thanks Vinay, I also faced same error and your solution worked for me.

1 Like

Instead of clicking on the UI web tab element or on the empty space by the tabs, click inside the window of the page

1 Like

Help me, i face the same error, here is my project:
Main.xaml (51.3 KB)