You might be having an issue with a Citrix virtual driver (SmartCard). Contact your system administrator for further assistance

Hi all, hope someone can help with this. I have a problem when trying to launch a Citrix Application through Citrix StoreFront. The process is started from Orchestrator.

The error message that Citrix throws is:
You might be having an issue with a Citrix virtual driver (SmartCard). Contact your system administrator for further assistance

What is really strange is that if I log in to the robot through Remote Desktop, and then start the process from Orchestrator, then everything works fine.

Here is a screenshot that I’ve had the robot attach in an error-email:
CitrixSmartCardError

The Citrix Reciever is version 18.12.0.12(1812).

Thank you for any help.

Hi @ripers

Could you contact our technical support to properly track this issue?

It will guarantee that you receive a follow-up.

Ok I will do that. Thank you loginerror.

Hello @ripers was the issue resolved? Is that an issue with Citrix Workspace?

Hi Suneet_S, I didn’t see your question untill now. It seems like it was a problem with the Citrix-version. We had our IT-department downgrade the Citrix version to 19.3.0.4 and now it seems to work “ok”.

Same problem solved by following:

Problem

When you start a Citrix session in the LoadGen Studio or LoadGen Agent shows the message Intializing… without showing you the actual Citrix session.

When you try to start the Citrix session from the Citrix Receiver or Storefront you receive the following error message:

Solution

Solution: you need to add a value in your Registry editor of the machine you witness this issue

On 32-bit Windows

Key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Citrix\ICA Client
Value VdLoadUnLoadTimeOut
Data 10 (Decimal)
Type REG_DWORD (32-bit)

On 64-bit Windows

Location: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432node\Citrix\ICA Client

Key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432node\Citrix\ICA Client
Value VdLoadUnLoadTimeOut
Data 10 (Decimal)
Type REG_DWORD (32-bit)
3 Likes