When I took the screenshot I couldn’t focus the mouse click on the Get Name button

Hello everyone,
I just found out today about this free course and I have setup my PC and started to work on the course. I have an issue when trying to indicate target on screen doesn’t really work. I clicked on it and it shows green as in the video lesson but it doesn’t give me the confirm option. When I took the screenshot I couldn’t focus the mouse click on the Get Name button because the combination key will not work to take a screenshot. Any advice? Thank you, Linda

make sure you installed before the chrome/firefox addin from StudioX-> tools and restart the browser then reindicate in app card.
then when trying to indicate if still same behavior, use F3 or F4 to change the framwork to maybe better detect the element.

2 Likes

I’ve done that. I’m wondering if there is an issue with using virtual box with win in a mac and can’t understand where I’m clicking or something like that. Thank you

Looks like you are using Chrome, so there is a problem with the extension I’m guessing.

Go to extensions and make sure you have it installed and enabled. It will have an icon in the Chrome bar too with the UiPath logo. chrome://extensions/

To install, you can do so from the UiPath Extensions section in Studio. Or by googling the name as shown in the screenshot.

1 Like

Thank you for following up and trying to help me. I have the extension installed. Not sure what is going on though.
Screen Shot 2020-04-23 at 6.18.44 PM

Did you try restarting all chrome browsers?
Also, try a website I know works with UiPath like Yahoo.com just to see if elements can be selected.

Hi @lindakovacs - additionally can you check if you activated the extension for “in private” browsing. Not sure if it is just your color scheme but it seems like a private session?

1 Like

Thank you for following up. This is such a great community. I kept trying all kind of things during the day. I also tried Firefox by default and I have same issue.
vishalpallerla knows me from before and he will try to help me remotely.
In meantime I’m watching the videos to learn the curriculum until I will be able to make my PC work.

2 Likes

try with IE for which you don’t need a driver.
studiox should work inside the box.
instead of indicate can’t use F3 “image selection mode” ? in that mode you need to “draw” around the field you want to select and maybe will detect that way.
in order to see if the box is the problem , change profile to Studio, new project and use a click activity there to indicate to the same element you are not able in studiox.
let me know how it goes

1 Like

Do you have multiple chrome profiles?

Pls post a screenshot of the Use App/Browser activity from studioX

1 Like

Problem solved Yayyyy!!! It is working in Windows Parallels but not in the Virtualbox.

2 Likes