A vendor user creation is a process where client manages the email addresses of there vandors specially in manuafacturing domain which will help them to share and followup with its vendor and provide information as business required.
Problem Statement: In a big organization, the application support team receives many requests for managing the vendor user detail by uploading the customer email adress into database. It takes huge manual effort to read the requests, manage the vendor lists and respond to the user requests.
- The support team receives a request for vendor creation/modification via email with attachment.
- Robot checks all emails and filters them based on subject(For example, subject can be “Vendor creation request”)
- Now for each matched email, robot will download and read the attachment and perform the buisness validation.
- Robot will iterate to all filtered email one by one and process the data to webpage through which data updated into database.
- The data in attachment will have key column valued (New,Add,Replace,Delete), based on which robot will perform the operations.
- For all NEW record robot will do the validation in SAP system to check the existance of customer.
- Once all the request email processed successfully, robot will download the latest database file and upload it into SharePoint site for backup at end of the day.
- Finally, robot will replies to the email to update user that the process is completed with list of all processed/failed customer details in tabular format in a body of email.
Industry categories for this use case: Information Technology and Services, Manufacturing, Operations
Skill level required: Intermediate
UiPath Products that were used: UiPath Studio, UiPath Apps, UiPath Orchestrator
Other applications that were used: SAP, SharePoint, Application webpage
Other resources: -
What is the top ROI driver for this use case?: Minimize risk and ensure compliance in operations