Problem Statement: In a big organization, the IT support team receives many requests for shared folder creation. It takes huge manual effort to read the requests, create shared folders and respond to the user requests.
- The support team receives a request for shared folder creation via email.
- Robot checks all emails and filters them based on subject(For example, subject can be “Shared folder creation request”)
- Now for each matched email, robot performs the following steps until step 6
- Robot replies to the email to update user that the work is in progress
- Then robot extracts the mail ID of the sender and details (from the mail body) like shared folder name, usernames to whom read permissions are required, usernames to whom modify permissions are required, country code.
- Robot adds these details in a queue item in orchestrator.
7. The robot picks each queue item from the queue.
8. The robot adds the country code as prefix to the shared folder name.(Optional step – depends on customer requirements)
9. Then the robot creates shared folder with the given folder name.
10. Robot disables inheritance on the newly created shared folder. This removes inherited access rights on the folder.
11. Robot creates two security groups in Active Directory(AD). One for read permissions and another for modify permissions.
12. Robot grants permissions to these security groups on the shared folder. Only read permissions are granted to read security group, only modify permissions are granted to modify security group.
13. Robot verifies the existence of users in active directory and adds only valid users to security groups. Users who require read permissions will be added to read security group and users who require modify permissions will be added to modify security group.
14. Finally, robot emails the user about the successful creation of the shared folder…
Microsoft Active Directory setup, Share server to store folders, mailbox to receive and send emails.
Industry categories for this use case: Information Technology and Services, Other Sector
Skill level required: Intermediate
UiPath Products that were used: UiPath Studio, UiPath Orchestrator
Other applications that were used: Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Active Directory
Other resources: -
What is the top ROI driver for this use case?: Other