In case you do not already have the Community Edition, get it while it’s hot from here.
If you already have the Community Edition installed, Studio and Robot are to be updated automatically to 2018.4. If you are on Stable channel you can simply restart Studio and will be good to go. If you are on the Beta channel, chances are you already have it. Hats off, thank you for trying out the beta version!
Orchestrator Community Edition has been already updated to 2018.4 version.
The user guides are also updated, but keep in mind to change the version from the drop-down list to display v2018.4. You are more than welcomed to provide any feedback to our documentation, via Suggest Edits.
We’re still cooking some changes so expect another stable version soon. Until then, here is a list of issues you might still encounter:
- A package published with version Major.Minor (ex 1.2) cannot be executed in Orchestrator
- Webhooks functionality is disabled for now on Ochestrator Community edition.
- Cannot Stop a process if Studio is idle and the computer enters in sleep mode or sometimes on upgrade from 2018.3 to 2018.4 version. The workaround is to restart the OS.
In terms of localization, French and Russian are still work in progress and depend on activities from the Beta feed. If you want to give them a try, here is the workaround:
- Change your Studio language from Settings - Language and restart Studio
- Go to Manage Packages - Settings - User defined package sources and add the Beta feed: https://www.myget.org/F/uipath. Save your changes. PS: you can skip this step if you already have the Beta feed added.
- Go to Manage Packages - Project Dependencies. Check the Include Prerelease checkbox. For each activity pack set as Dependency in your project update to the latest package version.
Save your changes and you’re good.
The activities names and properties will still be in English (Studio and the tooltips are localized). We have decided to keep the names and properties in English for an easier communication between RPA Developers. We are looking forward for your feedback in this matter.
Dark Theme is still experimental, so if you want to have the full fixes, please follow the same steps as for localization.
Don’t forget about the Open Source activity packs in community repo: Open Source Activity packs for Community.
Please post your feedback about this release in 18.4 category. Engineering team is watching and taking notes
Please continue to post back your issues, thoughts, pain-points, questions, and any other feedback.
Your team @ UiPath