Using variables in Screen url (in the object repository)

Hello UiPath community!
Let’s say, I have a webapp like this webapp_test.com
And 3 screens like this: webapp_test.com/login, webapp_test.com/search, webapp_test.com/results

Now I want to move my code to production so all urls will start with webapp.com

I want to have all urls of the Screens in the repository to have a variable such as serverName + “results” where serverName is a string variable equal to “webapp_test.com”.
Then when I move to production environment I just assign

serverName=“webapp.com

But as discussed here I think it is not possible. I am using 2020.10 but can use a more recent version if this issue/limitation was fixed.

How can I achieve changing from test to procution without Find+replace?
Thank you all!

Hello @UmutBey!

It seems that you have trouble getting an answer to your question in the first 24 hours.
Let us give you a few hints and helpful links.

First, make sure you browsed through our Forum FAQ Beginner’s Guide. It will teach you what should be included in your topic.

You can check out some of our resources directly, see below:

1. Always search first. It is the best way to quickly find your answer. Check out the image icon for that.
    Clicking the options button will let you set more specific topic search filters, i.e. only the ones with a solution.

2. Topic that contains most common solutions with example project files can be found here.

3. Read our official documentation where you can find a lot of information and instructions about each of our products:

4. Watch the videos on our official YouTube channel for more visual tutorials.

5. Meet us and our users on our Community Slack and ask your question there.

Hopefully this will let you easily find the solution/information you need. Once you have it, we would be happy if you could share your findings here and mark it as a solution. This will help other users find it in the future.

Thank you for helping us build our UiPath Community!

Cheers from your friendly
Forum_Staff

Please follow following steps to pass variable as Browser URL to object repository.

1. Open library/project folder
  2. Open .objects folder. You will find repository application folders.
  3. Open application folder which you want to update. You will find application version folders.
  4. Open application version folder which you want to update. You will find all the screen folders of respective application.
  5. Open screen folder which you want to update
  6. Under screen folder open file .data\TargetApp.content or .data\ObjectRepositoryScreenData.content in notepad.
  7. If field exists then Replace Url=“Your Url” with Url=“[in_BrowserURL]” where in_BrowserURL will be the variable name need to be created in the project
  8. If field doent exists then add Url=“[in_BrowserURL]” inside TargetApp where in_BrowserURL will be the variable name need to be created in the project
  9. Create Variable with same name in your project and pass it in URL property to object repository

Error

Give me a like if it works for you.

3 Likes