Understanding UiPath Components Installation

We have following Uipath licenses :

UiPath - Orchestrator -Basic X 1
UiPath - Attended Robot- Named User X 2
UiPath - Unattended Robot - Concurrent Runtime X 2
UiPath - Studio - Named User X 2

We will have 4 processes executed by Unattended(Production) Robot.
2 out of 4 processes might run simultaneously every hour.
So we will create 2 separate machines to run them simultaneously.

Regarding robot and studio installation what will be the best practice according to our requirement?

Let’s say if we have 2 RPA developers working on the same shift.

1. We need to create one Windows Server to install Orchestrator(Eg: Orchestrator_Machine).
  2. We will create one Windows 10 VM(Eg: Production_Machine 1) to install first unattended robot
  3. We will create one Windows 10 VM(Eg: Production_Machine 2) to install second unattended robot
  4. We will create one Windows 10 VM(Eg: Development_Machine 1) and install the first studio for the first RPA developer to design and test new projects.
  5. We will create one Windows 10 VM(Eg: Development_Machine 2) and install the second studio for the second RPA developer to design and test new projects.

So my queries are :

1. Does a Studio-Named user license include an unattended robot explicitly for testing and debugging the projects? Will the RPA developer able to create new projects, edit, debug, and test the projects on Development_Machine 1 and Development_Machine 2?
  2. Can we use an Attended robot license in these(Development) machines to test and edit the projects?
    3)Do I need to add 2 more Unattended(Development) robot license for 2 RPA developers in order to create and test the projects on Development_Machine 1 and Development_Machine 2?
  3. Can I create 1 Windows machine(for development) and have 2 users created in that machine for 2 RPA developers and install the studio and robot user wise or do I need to have two separate machines?
  4. Can I create 1 windows machine(for Production) and have 2 users created in that machine and install Unattended(production) robot for each user or do I need to have 2 separate machines?
1 Like

Hi @Mohsin_Inamdar

Answer : Yes , as you mention you have 2 studio license , so you can use 2 studio concurrently (at the same time)

Answer :
Can use but remember , its attended , can only run 1 process at onece then you have to run it manually
And the main thing is its not a developer license , designing part cannot done form it if you configure as attended,

Answer : no its not required

Answer : as you say can do it but its useless , if you only one developer can use the machine so its cannot use to another developer, since you have 2 license already , provide 2 machine for development parallel

Answer :
you already have UiPath - Unattended Robot - Concurrent Runtime X 2 as you said
so consume it in one pc is also useless
you can run this unattended as Concurrent so use 2 vm or pcs to run the bots parallel

3 Likes