Due to a certain system we use, which is most stable with Chrome, I had to automate a whole lot into this browser with extension.
After 5 months with stable code, the basic “open browser” seem to suddenly fail me. This is particulary bad since it’s the base of all automation within our online system.
- Open browser Chrome, suddenly stays in background so selectors won’t work.
- If I manually click anywhere before TimeoutMS - all the selectors work.
- Once chrome is manually brought to foreground - everything works perfectly.
- By being in the background I mean the icon is orange, the login page is still in foreground visually.
- Reinstalled Chrome, extension, downgraded Chrome, upgraded Chrome, tried the Chrome 73 extension workaround.
- I’ve tried workarounds such as “Activate”, “Maximize”, Minimize" etc. with little to no effect. I’ve even tried to send hotkeys to manually force chrome to the foreground.
I need Open Browser to open Chrome actively - not just visually with blinking orange icons.