Activate does not work; timeout; bring to foreground

So, process worked for a year with no problem then all of sudden sometimes the type into or click wont work. Always the same error, timeout; cannot bring to foreground. From the screenshot we see that the browser we are using (IE) is orange in the toolbar which means it is not active.
Sometimes the type into activities work and they have ‘ACTIVATE’ property set to ‘True’ but it does not activate the browser to foreground. I saw the same topic here on forum but all of those solution are not working (Browser not opening in the foreground). I dont think this has anything to do with the process build itself but with Uipath and IE ?

We tried basically everything (ie explorer properties,type into properties with various combinations, hotkeys etc), and now looking for ideas if someone has ?

Thanks

@Petar_Soce

You can try with Attach browser activity

Hope this may helps

Thanks

1 Like

Thanks. Its already inside attach browser

Hi @Petar_Soce

Excuse me if you’ve already done this, but have you tried restarting the PC?

I recently had the exact problem with IE-related robots from different PCs,
but when I restarted the Robot PCs, they worked again!

Yes, we as well have multiple production evironments and this is happening on only one of them.
I think we did restart it since this is an issue for a month now, but I have just restarted it now to be sure.

thanks

Yes. After restart its still the same. Interesting enough that code works when it is being called for the first time. The exception happens always on the second invoke.
(The code being invoked has two type into activities because it is doing a login on site).
The same code is being called from different production environments and they are working just fine.

Hi Petar,

I know this issue happened a long time ago. But do you know the solution or what is the cause for this problem? As it is currently happening to me as well.

Regards.

Hi

No, we did not found a solution. The workaround that we implemented last is that the robot after opening the browser clicks somewhere on the browser (some reliable picture that is always there). Click image activity.
Since then, this issue has not happened.

1 Like

So. This just came back again. After a month now its not working again. On different stage of the same process. I think I can say for sure now that the problem is that the window is not actviated because in this part the robot is sending hotkey which just goes to desktop.
Why is the browser not activated I have no idea. Even after the robot manually click on it it wont activate it.
If somebody has a solution, glad to hear it.
Thanks

1 Like

a possible solution is to disable ACTIVATE property

Hey Petar, I’m not understanding your possible solution. I’m stuck too where in my Main.XAML, I’m invoking 2 processes (1st one is login, then I pass on the browser variable as an argument and assign it to the in argument of the 2nd process). 2nd process can’t seem to identify the selector

In my case I don’t have a selector error. Selector is just fine. I am getting timeout error. If you are getting a selector error then you should analyze your selector.

My solution with UiPath support’s advice was to recreate the activity. As in dragging a new activity all together. I also did not reference the actual window variable I was using and created it out of the indicate element option.

Apparently the support was telling me on rare occasions, the only way is to recreate the activity and the original activity which seems to find the selector fine in attended somehow got corrupted.

To be clear… You’re saying delete the old activity and create a new activity with exactly the same properties. Is that right?

And the reason is because the previously working activity “got corrupted”?

This is not OK.

Yeah the situation sucks since I can’t easily identify the reason. That was what support told me and by re-adding the activity and entering the same properties. it was working again :confused:

Same approach worked for me. Thanks for posting. Actually, I’ve gotten same from support in the past.

What was your ticket number? I will submit new ticket and reference yours. This has to stop.

00889358 is my case number.

Thanks Bryan!

Hi guys,

You may check on this documentation with regards on issues on IE across difference environments.

Facing the Same issue… my solution is to use simulate property in all GUI related activities. However i cannot use it everywhere due to application limitations. So still looking for a perma solution. Someone suggested a windows patch KB4054852 causes the issues on VM. Will try removing that and see

We have also started facing same issue this week. We are facing this issue on 70% of our production machines and there are so many processes failing on these machine. Is there any solution to it yet?