Browser not opening in the foreground

browser
studio
web

Hi,

I am trying to perform web automation where I need to click on an image after the page loads. When I click on the run(F5) button, sometimes the browser opens in foreground and the bot is able to recognize the image and click on it. But, many times, the browser opens but it is not in the foreground and the bot waits till the timeout and then throws an error. However, during the timeout period, if I click on the browser button in the task bar and maximize it, the bot is able to recognize the image and click on it. How do I always open the browser in the foreground?

Any help will be highly appreciated.

Regards,

How to open the window present in taskbar

If you are able to access the selector information You can use the Activate Activity. Also there is a maximise window activity which may also have the same effect. Both should bring the window to the front regardless of what else is open.

If you cannot see the selector information then you will probably have to automate the steps you took manually - e.g. click the Internet Explorer icon on the task bar

Hi Richard,

I tried using different windows activities like maximize window, show window, etc. but no success.
Will try to use activate activity and update.

Regards,

Tried using activate activity as well but, no success.

Activate activity does not work every time. It works sometimes. Sometimes, it does not.

Why using click image within a browser?

Because I am unable to create a reliable selector.

you have to put minimize maximize both to bring it up .

In our case all the bots in production are getting impacted due to an Updgrade on the Environment( IE/JAva applet based windows). I wanted to know what is the root cause so that we can correct the root cause rather than upgrading production code of dozens of processes.

HI Team,
I am facing one issue in uipath, please find below the issue.
1.) Application not coming in foreground when running on VM in unattended mode
2.) tried all the way to make it in foreground using activate window activity and other , same code is running fine when we login to the system …
please help us .

It works for me when I use attach window activity with show window activity in it.