Unable to find folder for outlook mails

Hello,

My requirement is to get mails of specific subject from outlook and to get body of that mail.
i ma using generic account which is added in my mailbox which is logged in with my company acount.Check below image

when i am trying to get mails form get oiytlook mail i am getting error like folder not found but inbox folder is there u can cehck above image.
check below ss for studio.

check beow error

help me o n same

Hi @Mathkar_kunal,
you can use this activity without adding account name as long as it will use the outlook application account please try without adding account and update us.

Note:
it will be better to use modern Mail activities it will be more usable.

Hi @Mathkar_kunal

Try removing the account section whatever you have typed and try running the program. If you further wanna check if the code is running fine.
Create an output variable say “MailMessages” for the Get Outlook Mail Messages activity.
Use the MailMessages variable in For each loop activity try printing a message box like any one of below syntax:

currentItem.SenderEmailAddress
currentItem.Subject

Any one in the message box will be fine. Doing this it will help you in finding whether you are getting the right subject or Sender Email Address. Make sure you have Unread emails.
Sharing the screenshot for reference.

Hope it helps!!
Regards,

Hi @Mathkar_kunal

Could you please remove your mail id from “Account” field and add “Inbox ” in the MailFolder property and give a try.

Regards,

Hi @Mathkar_kunal

Check the account mentioned in that particular account field.

Regards

Hi @Mathkar_kunal

In this case better to use the Get IMAP Mail messages activity in this activity you can give the username and passwords of the mail then it will surely from that mail.
There is one more option this is outlook account right, then better to use the Use desktop outlook app activity in this activity there is one option to select your account. Refer the below image for better understanding.

Hope it helps!!

In that Use desktop outlook app activity use the For each email activity. In for each email activity use the assign activity to store the subject and body.
If you want to filter the mail you can filter by clicking on Additional filters option and give the filters with subject, from address or anything you want.
Check the below image for more information.

Hope it helps!!

Ok , this is working on my local . is it fine if i am running automation on my virtual machine but mailbox/outlook is is my local?it will work?
or i need to install outlook and configure mail in my vm?

For using outlook activities you have to download the Outlook application on the machine or in virtual machine and the account has to be login in that machine. It will integrate with your outlook application. @Mathkar_kunal

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.