UIPath Studio crashes when certain activities are present

Hello my fellow rpa developers!

After having been able to work without problems for almost 5 months, I started to face some serious issues with the Studio since last week.
When I open a blank process and try to add an activity, the studio crashes. This never happened to me before.

In this case I dragged the activity from the left panel.

It also crashes when adding from the “plus” symbol.

I’ve already reinstalled the studio 5 times.
I deleted every single UIPath folder in my computer, main disc, %appdata local, roaming, etc, deleted the temp files, deleted every single UIPath reference in the registry. Reset many times.

This is the log of the error:

21.10.3+Branch.master.Sha.8291b2799a85589c5b075e0d1f69016fc83eec97

Studio closed the active project due to a critical internal error. You may retry to open the project.

Error: UiPath.Studio.Contracts.RecoverableException: Studio closed the active project due to a critical internal error. You may retry to open the project.
   at UiPath.Studio.Project.Client.Ipc.Services.ProcessTerminatedBehavior.HandleProcessTerminatedInternal()
   at UiPath.Studio.Plugin.Workflow.Services.ProjectProcessController.<OnContainerProcessTerminated>b__17_0()
   at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.<>c.<ThrowAsync>b__140_0(Object state)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler), HResult -2146233088

I’m using Windows 10 Pro 64 bits.

This is the info of the app:

Studio 2021.10.3 - 10/26/2021
Community License
Per-user Installation

License Provider: Orchestrator
Activation ID: 

Update Channel: Stable

Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

I’m attaching the results of the DiagnosticTool in case they are needed. I ran the tool immediatly after a crash.
DiagnosticToolExport-02-dic-21.zip (5.3 MB)

Hi @Palayn

Hope the below link will be helpful,

There are multiple instances discussed. Kindly have a look at this.

Thank you.

Well, I searched with the event viewer and saw an error with a dll, I googled it and took me to another post here. It was related to a Fresco driver for a USB to VGA adapter. After unistalling it I no longer faced problems.

Thank you for pointing to use it.

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.