UiPath Studio Crashes after launch

Hello,
I have recently upgraded my UiPath Studio on my machine(Uninstalled previous version and installed latest version). But it is failing after launching UiPath Studio. Here are my configurations:

2019.6.0-beta.83 - 6/18/2019
Community Edition
EXE Installer

License Provider: Internal
Device ID: VWpqCLKPt7/lKzuAYhMgnQ==

Update Channel: Stable

Microsoft Windows 10 Home 64-bit
.NET Framework Version 4.7.2 or later

Same is case with 2019.5 Stable version

Hi @rohit_nirantar

What issue or error you are getting?

Thanks
Ashwin.S

It doesn’t give any error message. It simply close down after 2-3 seconds after opening.

I tried reinstall again but no luck. Same issue I am facing. Anyone knows what’s issue ?

Can someone please help me with this issue.

Hi @rohit_nirantar

Could you go to the Windows Event Viewer and see what kind of error does the application produce?

Here is the Error information I am getting in Windows Event viewer I am getting:

Faulting application name: UiPath.Studio.exe, version: 19.6.0.0, time stamp: 0x5d10f387
Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 10.0.17134.799, time stamp: 0x636bcb43
Exception code: 0xc0000374
Fault offset: 0x000d8519
Faulting process id: 0x2e38
Faulting application start time: 0x01d52b583aeabeeb
Faulting application path: C:\Users\rohit\AppData\Local\UiPath\app-19.6.0\UiPath.Studio.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll
Report Id: 04607234-3dbb-4a11-aa4b-b991f8fa5fc4
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

Error 6/25/2019 8:19:45 AM Application Error 1000 (100)

Could you explore this article with a solution:
https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/office/forum/office_2010-office_install/office-products-crashed-upon-launch-0xc0000374/9eb1251f-5a7d-4401-a955-155ac432e6ea

There are multiple ideas about this error code, some of which general enough to also apply to this situation.

I have tried updating driver, reinstalling Uipath, System restart. But nothing worked so far.

Hi Dear
this error only for the required update device
step1… go tihis link
UiPath

step 2 … fil the device ID in this form and submit
and use Renew community editions

It doesnot work! I tried multiple times to renew newly installed application, however Studio is still crashing!
It is very bad starting experience!

Hello @Sergei_Lebedev Thank you for sharing.

I am sorry to hear that you are having troubles getting started.

However I will be more than happy to assist you to look into the matter.

Is there anyway you can please check if the path is located in your machine:

Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll ?

Did you check the following?

l A faulty add-in enabled for Office applications:

n You may use application safe for each Office application to open for example open Run (press Windows key + R), type winword /safe, excel /safe for Word and Excel respectively. If it works fine, disable the add-ins using File > Options > Add-ins for each applications

l Incompatible printer driver:

n Change the default computer printer to XPS Document Writer using Control Panel and verify the status.

l Security software installed on the computer conflicting with Office applications:

n EnableClean-boot then try to use Office application to find if any Non-Microsoft software is causing the issue.

n Note: enable Normal Start-up after troubleshooting.

l Corrupt Windows User Profile:

n Create a newWindows Administrator user account and check if it prevents Office application crash.

Thank you for you hint to dig further!

I used to find out in file Studio.log that really UIPath Licensing is Ok:
21:08:52.6019 => [WARN] [UiPath.Studio.exe] [1] Warn: Retrieved LicenseInfo value RegistrationState: ActiveLicense, ActivationId: UIP-dec4be7876, LicenseCode: 0813-8969-3633-6179, LicenseModel: USER, Version: V2019, StartDate: 1573344000, EndDate: 1604966399, GracePeriod: 0, Email: , CheckInterval: 0, NextCheckDate: 1574023619, BundleCode: STD, SubscriptionCode: COM.

However there is some Error to load World component called ‘Emgu.CV.World’:
21:09:21.6543 => [ERROR] [UiPath.Studio.exe] [30] $LoadAssembly: UiPath.CV, Version=19.10.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly ‘Emgu.CV.World, Version=3.4.1.2984, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null’ or one of its dependencies.
But no tricks with Add-ons helps to solve it!

I redirected this error to UiPath system support service to open bug-fixing issue.

Hi @Sergei_Lebedev

Could you see the post here?

I would suggest you to update your dependencies via the package manager.

This is a CRUCIAL BUG of UiPath itself, not of any project/project dependencies.
- this bug appears with newly installed Uipath,
- internal dependency of UiPath called Uipath.CV could not be resolved as Emgu.CV.World package Version=3.4.1.2984 did not installed neither in “C:\ProgramData\UiPath\Packages” nor in other directory during installation of UiPath - THIS is CORE BUG (!)
- nobody can find Emgu.CV.World package Version=3.4.1.2984 to download as UiPath is build on private special edition of Emgu.CV(!), only 3.4.1.2979 is available or more later, and it prevents users to fix this bug by itself.
Please, fix this bug of UiPath as soon as possible!
And more - please move UiPath on latest publicly available release of Emgu.CV (check it on Github before release) !

Hi Friends,

Today I downloaded community edition and installed. As soon as Studio opens, it closes automatically (or crashes) in few seconds. I am not able to find solution in the forum.

Error in studio.log

[ERROR] [UiPath.Studio.exe] [5] $LoadAssembly: UiPath.CV, Version=19.11.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'Emgu.CV.World, Version=3.4.1.2984, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null’ or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
File name: ‘Emgu.CV.World, Version=3.4.1.2984, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null’
at System.RuntimeTypeHandle.GetDeclaringType(RuntimeType type)
at System.RuntimeType.RuntimeTypeCache.GetEnclosingType()

Error in Event Viewer

InvokeAsync: System.IO.IOException: Connection closed.
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
at Nito.AsyncEx.TaskExtensions.d__31.MoveNext() --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown --- at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task) at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task) at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ValidateEnd(Task task) at UiPath.Ipc.ServiceClient1.<>c__DisplayClass17_0`1.<b__3>d.MoveNext()
— End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown —
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
at UiPath.Ipc.IOHelpers.d__6.MoveNext()

Another error in Error in Event Viewer

Load robot settings failed: Newtonsoft.Json.JsonReaderException: Bad JSON escape sequence: \U. Path ‘NuGetServerUrl’, line 3, position 36.
at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonTextReader.ReadStringIntoBuffer(Char quote)
at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonTextReader.ParseValue()
at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonTextReader.Read()
at Newtonsoft.Json.Linq.JContainer.ReadContentFrom(JsonReader r, JsonLoadSettings settings)
at Newtonsoft.Json.Linq.JContainer.ReadTokenFrom(JsonReader reader, JsonLoadSettings options)
at Newtonsoft.Json.Linq.JObject.Load(JsonReader reader, JsonLoadSettings settings)
at Newtonsoft.Json.Linq.JObject.Parse(String json, JsonLoadSettings settings)
at UiPath.Service.Settings.RobotSettings.LoadSettingsFromFile()

Error in WorkflowAnalyzer_Execution.log

17:48:39.0654 Error System.IO.FileLoadException: API restriction: The assembly ‘file:///C:\Users\Suresh\AppData\Local\UiPath\app-19.10.2\Rules\es\Microsoft.Expression.Prototyping.Interactivity.resources.dll’ has already loaded from a different location. It cannot be loaded from a new location within the same appdomain.

My Machine Configuration

OS Name = Microsoft Windows 10 Home
Windows Build Version =10.0.18363 Build 18363
.Net Version = 4.8

How to resolve this issue?

Sgs

Nk @s.g.sureshbabu

Welcome to our UiPath Forum! :slight_smile:

Could you maybe check if some antivirus/firewall is not interrupting UiPath from executing properly?

Thank you for your suggestion. Tried below options.

1> Stopped and also uninstalled antivirus.
2>Switched off firewall.
3>Cleared UiPath .cache

Opened Studio. Then created a new Process. After 10 seconds Studio crashes. Again Open Studio then click on newly created Process. After 10 seconds Studio crashes.

The error message in log

[ERROR] [UiPath.Studio.exe] [5] $LoadAssembly: UiPath.CV, Version=19.11.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'Emgu.CV.World , Version=3.4.1.2984, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null’ or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

UiPath Version

Studio Version 2019.10.2 - 12/9/2019
Community License
EXE Installer

License Provider: Internal
Update Channel: Stable

Microsoft Windows 10 Home 64-bit

Sgs

I believe you could still try a fresh install or clearing of the cache first. These folders:

%userprofile%\AppData\Local\UiPath\.cache
%userprofile%\.nuget\packages

You seem to have several file access related errors, which would mean the files are either corrupted or blocked by something (maybe group policies on your machine?).

Hi @s.g.sureshbabu, Can you please run the diagnostic tool and copy the whole zip file back here.
https://docs.uipath.com/studio/docs/the-uipathdiagtool-utility
Thanks,
Mircea

1 Like