Unable to upgrade UiPath.UiAutomation.Activities - Studio crashes

When trying to upgrade UiPath.UiAutomation.Activities from 21.10.3 to 22.4.5 I receive the following error, and also now receive this error when opening the project. If I manually revert the version inside project.json it will open, but the same error happens again if I try to upgrade.

This is making it impossible to use a library that already has 22.4.5 embedded.

21.10.5+Branch.support-v21.10.Sha.369f46199a0fa6287d86ab2534b6896019db01bc

Studio closed the active project due to a critical internal error. You may retry to open the project.

Error: UiPath.Studio.Contracts.RecoverableException: Studio closed the active project due to a critical internal error. You may retry to open the project.
   at UiPath.Studio.Project.Client.Ipc.Services.ProcessTerminatedBehavior.HandleProcessTerminatedInternal()
   at UiPath.Studio.Plugin.Workflow.Services.ProjectProcessController.<OnContainerProcessTerminated>b__17_0()
   at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.<>c.<ThrowAsync>b__140_0(Object state)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler), HResult -2146233088

The same thing is happening on another project, but this time I clicked OK on the error window and the package upgrade process continued but stuck at “Adding Dependencies” and I had to kill Studio.

21.10.5+Branch.support-v21.10.Sha.369f46199a0fa6287d86ab2534b6896019db01bc

Studio closed the active project due to a critical internal error. You may retry to open the project.

Error: UiPath.Studio.Contracts.RecoverableException: Studio closed the active project due to a critical internal error. You may retry to open the project.
   at UiPath.Studio.Project.Client.Ipc.Services.ProcessTerminatedBehavior.HandleProcessTerminatedInternal()
   at UiPath.Studio.Plugin.Workflow.Services.ProjectProcessController.<OnContainerProcessTerminated>b__17_0()
   at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.<>c.<ThrowAsync>b__140_0(Object state)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler), HResult -2146233088

By the way, I manually edited the version back down to 21.10.4 in project.json, but left the other package (that has a higher version embedded) at its latest version, and it all works fine. It says not resolved for the UiAutomation under the package, but everything works.